Subaru Outback Forums banner

Keyless Access with Push-Button Start

519 11
Font Parallel Document Pattern

Hi all,

Happy Thanksgiving. My turkey is in the oven and I got bored so I decided to flip through the manual to see if anything sticks out after approximately 1.5 years and 18,000 miles of ownership of my 2021 OB Limited 2.5.

My OB is equipped with "Keyless Access with Push-Button Start". The manual (attached) has directions on how to use it. Has anyone used this function with success? I am not talking about the extra physical remote start fob that one can buy for $300.

Any successful story would be interesting to me.

TIA!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,438 Posts
I think you need to have the installed remote start module for the regular fob to be able to remote start the car (without using that special fob). If I'm wrong it would be amazing to find out that we can all do remote start with the regular fob.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
165 Posts
View attachment 554590
Hi all,

Happy Thanksgiving. My turkey is in the oven and I got bored so I decided to flip through the manual to see if anything sticks out after approximately 1.5 years and 18,000 miles of ownership of my 2021 OB Limited 2.5.

My OB is equipped with "Keyless Access with Push-Button Start". The manual (attached) has directions on how to use it. Has anyone used this function with success? I am not talking about the extra physical remote start fob that one can buy for $300.

Any successful story would be interesting to me.

TIA!
Have you successfully tried this? It was not clear from your post, or I missed it.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
165 Posts
Section 7-6 Remote Engine Start System (Dealer Option). Yup!!
I have not had any turkey yet, but I still might be a little sleepy....What is the point of this thread? You could have tried it yourself and, assuming you do not have the dealer installed remote start option, determined the procedure doesn't work.

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
141 Posts
My OB is equipped with "Keyless Access with Push-Button Start". The manual (attached) has directions on how to use it. Has anyone used this function with success?
Works for me. But the dedicated remote start FOB has way more range and feedback tones when the car got the signal and when it actually starts.

I am not talking about the extra physical remote start fob that one can buy for $300.
It's not just the fob that you get but an extra module that is installed. You get two remote start fobs with the module. If you don't have that module you can't remote start using the regular fobs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts