Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to silence or shorten the "beep when using keyless entry? One beep is fine, but the four when unlocking all doors is a bit excessive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Electronic chirp when lock/unlock with remote - To turn off chirp or to turn back on

1. Sit in the driver’s seat and shut all doors and the rear gate.
2. Press the “UNLOCK” power door lock switch.
3. Insert the key into the ignition switch.
4. Hold down the “UNLOCK” switch, pull the key out and re-insert it into the ignition switch at least 5 times within 10 seconds after performing step 2.
5. Open and close the driver’s door within 10 seconds after performing step 4.
6. When completed the turn signal lights flash

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Electronic chirp when lock/unlock with remote - To turn off chirp or to turn back on

4. Hold down the “UNLOCK” switch, pull the key out and re-insert it into the ignition switch at least 5 times within 10 seconds after performing step 2.
Keyless entry, I would assume is part of the SAP. Normally indicating that one would not use a key in the ignition. Do you have a SAP?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No SAP. I believe creso's comments will work. I'd prefer to keep the 1 chirp, but I think I'd rather have 0 chirps then 4 when I unlock all doors.

Thank you for your help! I'll post again after I get a chance to try this out.

·
Registered
297 Posts

I've been trying this same sequence all week with no success! Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a different procedure for the 2013 model? I checked the manual and all it says it to contact the dealer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been trying this same sequence all week with no success! Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a different procedure for the 2013 model? I checked the manual and all it says it to contact the dealer!
This worked on my 2013. Thanks Creso!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
creso, you followed the steps exactly??? I wonder what I'm doing wrong?:confused:
Not sure what you are doing wrong. This same procedure also worked on my 2012 & 2010 Outback.

I suggest taking it to the dealer to have them make the change with their OBD tools.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe that Step 2 should be:
2. Press and HOLD unlock door switch
3. Insert key
4. Pull key OUT & re-insert it 5 times
5. Open and close driver door.

At least for me, I had to hold down before proceeding to step 3. I wanted to re-enable the beeps.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
3. Insert key

At least for me, I had to hold down before proceeding to step 3. I wanted to re-enable the beeps.
Holy crap. I don't know what I did right but this worked... after trying like 5 times.

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
when I had the viper 4204 remote start installed, it's fob unlocks all doors with a single beep, so I stopped using the OB's buttons. Viper FTW. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
3. Insert key

YES!!! FINALLY!!! Thanks simnorm! This sequence worked for me! OMG this thing was driving me NUTS for days!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Worked on my 2012

Worked on first try on my 2012. Glad I found this thread I have been wanting to silence the beeps from day one. Thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does this just silence the opening beeps only or does it silence the locking beeps too pls?

Is it possible to silence just the opening but not closing pls?

Thx

3. Insert key

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Is there a way to silence or shorten the "beep when using keyless entry? One beep is fine, but the four when unlocking all doors is a bit excessive.
I also find the 4 beeps irritating on my '12. Unfortunately you can only silence it completely for either lock or unlock, there is no further customization.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
20 Participants
nittanys1
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing