Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 Outback Ltd.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 2002 OB Ltd. 2morrow nite. I'm expecting the dealer to have done a good prep job.

However, I noticed that during the 2 test drives, he did not use any keyless entry remotes.

If memory serves me, keyless entry is standard on the 02 ltd OBacks.

Should I push him for new remotes if he doesn't have the originals? They are pricey at 40 USD apiece.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
If they were standard equipment I'd definitely say I'm not taking delivery without two keyless remotes programed to the car (which can be tricky).

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
02 Outback Ltd.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jondalar said:
If they were standard equipment I'd definitely say I'm not taking delivery without two keyless remotes programed to the car (which can be tricky).

Cheers,
Karl
Thanks Karl. Can you provide any further details on the 'tricky' part? What is meant by tricky?

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Well I haven't had to do it on the Subaru, but usually it involves some bizarre sequence of turning the car ignition off and on 3 times while standing on one foot and holding all the buttons in on the remote, or something like that.. Best to get the dealer to program them for you :D

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
DirtRoad said:
Thanks Karl. Can you provide any further details on the 'tricky' part? What is meant by tricky?
On the contrary Karl, it is actually very easy from what I've seen. A keyless entry system consists of no more than the two fobs and a reciever box. The only thing you actually have to do is plug the reciever in to a couple of wires under the dash and you are good to go. DirtRoad don't take my word for it though please consult your dealer first or another good thing to do is to do a search over at ScoobyMods. Also if you already haven't you should get an account over at ScoobyMods and make sure you tell them that Cao Cao (my username over there) referred you ;)

·
Registered
02 Outback Ltd.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Cao Cao!

I picked her up last night and the dealer gave me 2 FOBs (unexpectedly)

One was the original and one was a new one with Gray buttons.

I still haven't really done a shakedown of her but will this weekend. It was a nice ride home last night though.

I will check out Scoobymods per your referral.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts