Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know what kind/style/name of the battery that is in the keyless remote?

Thanks alot
Will

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just curious...how long did the original battery last? And how did you know it's failing? Reduced range? Or just quit? Is there any re-programming required after removing/replacing the battery?

Thanks,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed because now i have to be like 5 feet away from the car to open the doors. Before i could go from inside the house and you could see it beep in the garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I replaced my CR2032 last week because of very short range performance. I lasted about 2.5 years. Now with the new battery, operating range improved. After I replaced the battery, I was unable to unlock the doors... But after I had the driver's door opened once, the remote control started to work... kinda weird hein?!

·
Registered
195 Posts
gturcotte said:
After I replaced the battery, I was unable to unlock the doors... But after I had the driver's door opened once, the remote control started to work.
I thought it would need reprogramming (resetting?), like after the car battery is disconnected.

When I reset the ECU by taking the negative terminal off the battery I got into the car, closed door, put key in and turned it rapidly from lock to on and back again 10 times within 15 seconds, as per the owners manual instructions.

Guess maybe the keyless thing itself just needs a one-time signal back out from the car, which probably happened when you opened the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
roo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing