Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 outback llimited
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, got the console all sorted out but need to get a part number or name or both for the knob things on the back of the inside tailgate for the wagon..have attached a couple of pics to help :)

thanks everyone! Azure Headgear Art Creative arts Electric blue
Hood Azure Rectangle Sleeve Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2000 outback llimited
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trying to find one in the lot is where the problem is...fairly rare here in the Olympia area....anyone know what the name of the part is or of course a part #?

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i Premium
529 Posts
You will most likely have to go to the dealership to see the parts diagram on their computers. Your car is old enough that it was not have full support on the online subaru parts sites. Those knobs were also used in the impreza coupe/sedan, and the legacy of the same era, as they secured the door to the jack stowage. They are just a dumb, slotted tab that doesn't lock into anything. A grocery bag will knock one off and punch it into the body. Check the junk yards. It was a common part to many cars.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
19,388 Posts
if you know someone whose hobby/expertise involves using a 3D printer, they may be able to take a good one and copy it. Make several and sell a few to pay for yours?

·
Registered
2000 outback llimited
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have pushed the cover in and as you see with the blue tape in the pics the cover comes back out...might think about the bolt and nut though

·
Registered
2000 outback llimited
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the part number! After doing the search thing and avoiding the subaru dealers that want $12+ to ship the knobs i found a subaru dealer that charged a realistic amount and they are on their way....thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts