·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stock ride height

Stock ride height

In progress

Stock parts removed, note those fat OEM rear self-leveling shocks

Front Koni inserted (Using EDM Legacy 2.0R OEM front strut body. The spring perch is 3.5cm lower than EDM Outback Strut)
Currently stock Outback 3.0R springs are used, may change to STI pinks later...

Rear Koni for Legacy "converted", note the two new grooves to hold the spring seat.
The rear suspension is now 3 way height adjustable (no more saggy butt, currently the middle groove is being used)

Bright Taxi Yellow Paint, I did it myself...probably not worth the effort IMO...all that work just to snap this picture...

JDM S402, yes, its from a S402!! rear suspension trailing arms, fro one of 402 Subaru S402s ever made in the world!!! (PS: they are identical to Spec B units anyway)

JDM Legacy GT Spec B aluminum from control arm with JDM ZEROSPORT LCA bushing installed

Toyo T1-Sport rubber 225/40/19...replacing much loved Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 245/40/19, used less than 10K miles because they rub after lowering :/

Looks like it now means business

About 1.5 inch drop after

Lookin Pimp!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I changed out the JDM ZEROSPORT front LCA bushing for Taiwan-made Hardrace bushings for improved ride comfort.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Outback is EDM Spec, so the handling is already much better than USDM sailboat version.

You can see how my Outback with stock suspension perform in the following video (Outback 3.0R chasing down a Porsche 911 C4S).

The handling with Koni is obviously better due to lowered ride height and better body control, but it is not night and day difference.

I am using full soft at the back with stock springs.

I set the front Koni 90 degree from full soft (full stiff is 720 degree from full soft) with stock springs to dampen the shimmies caused by the stiffer Hard Race LCA solid rubber bushings, all is good now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please advise, how did you make additional groves on the rear shocks? I'm trying to repeat your design on 2014 outback... But have no idea how to make groves to move perch down
:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Archi
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing