Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a L.L. Bean Edition?

I'm wondering how different the leather seats are from the regular leather available.

What makes it L.L. Bean other than the logos? Better quality leather? Other interior touches?

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,198 Posts
I think the LLbean has the non perforated leather. As a result, it has more material and might be more durable.

Course, there are other LLbean "features" besides the leather.

Oh, unique colors of leather ? :)

·
Registered
02 Outback H6-3.0 LLB
207 Posts
I have a 2002 H6 Outback LL Bean, “leather” all through including doors no perferations, wood trim, and LL Bean logo on front seats.

I put quotes around the leather because I was cleaning up a particularly nasty spill in my passenger seat and a small bit flaked off, it is definitely not leather. Or if it is, it’s less than paper-thin over a backing material.

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6-3.0, 2008 Outback 3.0R LL Bean "Leon", 2018 Outback 3.6R Touring "Alan"
345 Posts
03 & 04 had monotone beige leather, but the sections that were darker in the earlier years are now perforated.

All 2nd gen. Bean wagons had the logo stamped into the leather, & the exterior badges. I think the Bean came standard with 1 or 2 items (ie, compass mirror) that were optional on other models.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition
1 Posts
Anybody have a L.L. Bean Edition?

I'm wondering how different the leather seats are from the regular leather available.

What makes it L.L. Bean other than the logos? Better quality leather? Other interior touches?
I don't know anything about the non L.L. Bean editions but, the leather in the L.L. Bean is really good but get scratches every now and then. In mine, its tan btw.
The best part of it is the 47 HP increase among the L.L. Bean edition and the Normal Edition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts