Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 35th Anniversary Outback - H6
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if you guys know or not but on the other boards i was asking lots about the lancaster 6 from japan.. its their verison of the Outback.. a bit differant but basicly the same. personally i can't stand the way the Outback logo looks... kind looks like an after thought... but thats just me.

so i got a hold of some badges from japan to switch them out... here are pics

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lancaster vs outback badge.... would you agree? the lancaster just looks cleaner?

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the back side.. as you can see the holes match up!

Attachments

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
I want some of those too!!! If you have any extra I'll buy them ASAP! Those look much better than the silver Outback badges on the 2004 OB. The gold badges looked soo much better, I don't know why they went with silver. My car already has the exclusive "Rocky Mountain Edition" package on it and I want to really deck it out with more real oddball nomenclature. Wow this stuff is like a Type R sticker for Outback!

*** On a side note... I'm sorry, for the Type R comment you can :xnuts: It won't happen again... I'm going to go cry now :13:***

:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i got the front grill one too, however the grill on the lancaster 6s in japan are differant... gotta find the grill now...

sorry no extras badges.. i should go into business getting those.

i also gotta find something to cover up the the ones on the doors.. i pulled them off now theres like two hole there.

:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here pic of the Japan girll

Attachments

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
I did a search on the Lancaster 6 and I think its actually a pretty cool car. Very nice features, they need to bring something like this to the states.

Here's some links to to some Lancaster 6 info and pics:

Lancaster 6 pics and info

Lancaster 6 gallery

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes a cool car eh?

check out this one.. i'm so temped to lower it however it kinda defeats the purpose of getting an outback dont you think? but i've seen some really cool leagcy wagons.. i have this book called Hyper Rev from japan and they got some really bad ass wagons there!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i gotta see if i can get that grill emblem.. notice thats differant too as well as the Engine cover one too..

think i'm gonna look into that tomorrow :D

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
I took this JDM Subaru Lancaster 6 VDC for a drive today. It is on sale at one of our local used car dealers - drove nice ....... I miss my Old Red.

Similar spec to the H6 Limited here (suede rather than leather seats) and rear "cargo fan" (for the dogs!) and OEM cargo barrier incorporated into the cargo blind plus tints and note the OEM Nav/DVD........ but no cruise control (bad) or sunroof (good), and the roof rails are a different style (flush) more like the Legacy GT's than the Outbacks.

If I buy it maybe I could recover part of the cost by auctioning the badges?

·
Registered
02 LMT outback, homemade CAI,hella 500's, piaa 520's,and Borla Header
517 Posts
so the 6 is for the H-6 i presume? so is it a lancaster 4 for the 4cyl.? or just the 6 for both? i reallly like that badge and dislike the stock ones.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
Yeah - pretty self explanatory - the "6" is for the H-6 as we know it - There are 3 models of Lancaster available:

- Lancaster 6 VDC (3,000cc with VDC)

- Lancaster 6 (3,000cc without VDC)

- Lancaster (4 cyl without VDC)

You will also note that the rear reflector strip/panel below the reas screen reads "Legacy" on the Lancasters, not "Subaru" as on the Outbacks here.

·
Registered
'06 OBS SE
700 Posts
and the question on all of our minds is "is there and Impreza Lancaster Sport?"

if so, i would love a Lancaster badge!

·
Submod , ,
2000 BMW R1150gs
3,012 Posts
I really like the partial leather partial fabric seats in the Lancaster. The badge is pretty nice but I think I would keep my Outback ones as to me there's something appealing about the image the word conjures.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
I must agree with Subhuman - I like the "Outback" badge and name too.

..... and 'no' there is not an Impreza Lancaster - although there are a few JDM Impreza "Gravel Express" examples over here, a turbo mini Outback Sport if you like.

Regarding the interior, by far the majority of the Lancasters have what seems to be the preferred JDM seating fabric (Tartan and vinyl mix as below), then a few have the full suede as per my original pics above, and even less have the heated leather.

Not JDM ..... but we did have a limited run of Impreza RV Hatch's here in 2003 - They are called an Impreza RV, but were badged as Outbacks - nevre caught on over here as us Kiwis's like REAL OB's with proper rear bumpers!

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
If you want NICE heated leather seats, then it is hard to go past my old 528i (also JDM spec but built in Germany and imported used to NZ 4 years ago):

3 memories - inc steering wheel and mirror locations.

The seat heater controls and temp control (yes, variable temp!) is below the air con controls.

·
Registered
'03 H6 Outback, 2" body lift, HD springs, racks, tint, +50's, SubaXtreme Sumpguard & bullbar
374 Posts
Ottiehund said:
I must agree with Subhuman - I like the "Outback" badge and name too.

..... and 'no' there is not an Impreza Lancaster - although there are a few JDM Impreza "Gravel Express" examples over here, a turbo mini Outback Sport if you like.

I reckon there might be a few members interested infinding the JDM rear wheel carrier that's hanging on the back :eek: :cool:

Cheers :7:
Garry

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Not sure about those flush rails, how do you tie something to them?

·
Submod , ,
2000 BMW R1150gs
3,012 Posts
I like those Imprezas! Same seats as in the Lancaster

1 - 20 of 26 Posts