Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am relatively new to the group, but not to Subarus. I have owned 6 since 1987 & have found them to be the most reliable & durable vehicles out there. My problem is in these new electronics. When I first purchased my 2016 Outback if you were dead center center of the lane the bars on the display between the speedometer & the tachometer would turn green. Less than a year after the purchase we were driving home one night & we heard several dings like we had never heard before (similar to the gps warning dings that almost drove us nuts before I got on here & finally figured out what it was, but not the same). I then noticed that the bars were gone as we finished our drive. It was still assisting, but no pretty green lights, so I figured I would have it looked at when I took her in for her 18,000 mile service. The dealership had a tech drive the vehicle with a laptop hooked up to it to find out what the problem was. When I went to check out, I asked to speak to the tech who said he found nothing wrong, but he noticed the white band went away when the lines on the road were faded a bit. I explained to him that the green lines NEVER show up anymore, & it had always picked up the lines even on the faded back roads that I drive everyday. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights...no idea what I was talking about (not surprising really since the service manager had no idea what the gps warning dings were, or even that my vehicle had a programmable PIN code that could be set so you can unlock the doors from the button on the hatch). After a heated discussion I was told that they were closing since it was almost 6:00pm & that I would need to bring the car in & let them troubleshoot it more to try & find a the problem. I live about 40 miles away & with traffic it takes about an hour to get to the dealership. I am currently working some major overtime & can't take a day off without loosing a wad of money, so I was wondering if anyone out there has any idea as to what might be going on. I have noticed in just the last few weeks that it is not picking up when I cross the line at times, & I tested it just this morning to confirm that. Could it be a sensor that has gone bad, or is covered in dust, dirt , or mud...since I live on a 1 1/2 mile dirt road? Any help in pointing them in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts