Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ ES
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left work today, got into my Outback and it wouldn't start. The battery is completely dead. Had a tow company come and jump start it as my company vehicle battery wasn't strong enough to do so. I've noticed the battery tray in the Outback can allow a larger battery. What do you all recommend that has more cranking amps (I'd like to add some additional lighting too). Batteries have gotten expensive, and if possible, I'd like to stay under $150 for a new battery. Ideas, or recommendations? Thank you in advance!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,179 Posts
Use the biggest AGM battery you can fit in there.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ ES
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gents. Lots of information to read through with CCA and RC.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,195 Posts
you can call the subaru 800 # and maybe get them to pay for some or all of the replacement battery of YOUR choosing.

and consider a trickle charger with a lead sticking out from the grill.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,779 Posts

We use Penn made batteries, Duracell branded, from BatteryPlus.

You can get the standard one under 150 but for 200 you can get a deep cycle AGM one with 48 month full replacement warranty.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium 2.5
10 Posts
MiddleAgeSubie, How would get a deep cycle battery to work? Are you speaking of a hybrid system(see link)? I am interested, but my understanding is that I would have to do a lot of prep and work to add a deep cycle to my OB.

http://www.home12volt.com.au/ext-hc-hybrid-cranking-batteries.html

Quote:
"You can get the standard one under 150 but for 200 you can get a deep cycle AGM one with 48 month full replacement warranty."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts