Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can get a larger hood scoop that will fit in place of the stock one.And who offers a larger intercooler that bolts up where the existing cooler does,Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure if they are the same shape to mount on your hood, or if it's even possible to order one seperate from the rest of the hood, but the WRX STI hood scoops are bigger, aren't they? Just a guess.

Matt

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah your right the STI hood scoop is larger, but they kinda sit on top of the hood.Baja and Outback have a bulge in the hood with an insert in front of the bulge.I'm looking for something that would replace the insert with a larger scoop.I don't know if anything like that exists.

·
Registered
Black Granite Pearl Baja Turbo (On Order)
14 Posts
Hood Scoop

Here's one in Japan, no luck yet on getting them to ship, though. Best bet might actually be to buy a non-turbo hood and cut it to fit an STi scoop/intercooler.

JDM Hood Scoop

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hood scoop

They always get the good stuff,no fair.I like the 35mm scoop it sure looks nice.Any word on when you get your Baja?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still Nothing

Nope, haven't heard yet. Actually, I think Joe was beginning to become annoyed with me, I was checking in at least weekly on the car, and last time he said "I swear to God, if I hear anything I'll let you know." He still seemed pretty frustrated with SOA, I guess they're really jerking a lot of people around who have ordered cars as opposed to simply taking stock delivery. I'd be willing to make a deal on the white/silver turbo they have on the lot, but I doubt they'll come down enough for me to change my mind. Besides, even my wife's committed to the one we ordered!

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah don't get in a hurry like i did.I was wanting a mystic blue but they didn't know how long it would take.I liked the Regetta Red which was my color on my 03.Knowing i liked the red and they had one on the lot kinda made my mind up.

Now i regret it every day that i didn't wait for the right color.Sometimes i think about trading mine in for a mystic blue,but i guess i'll hang on and hope this color will be around if the Baja makes it a second generation then i'll get one.Let us pray.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh I definitely wouldn't try to trade yours for a blue one. You'd lose so much on that deal, even if you found someone who would do an even swap (plus taxes, title, tags). Eesh. I do think the new Outback body with a Baja version would be cool. I just hope they use the new 2.5 turbo, keep a 5MT available, and maybe re-look at making the rear wall fold completely.

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope that the 6 cylinder is going to be an option.I think that i would get the 6 next time,since horse power is going up to 250 and would be more reliable than the turbo .I think the 2.5 turbo will be one of the main engines they use.I read somewhere that the switch back would be the same on the next generation Baja due to cost and structure purposes.The Avalanche has a frame for its back bone and the Baja is a unibody with no back bone.I guess thats why the sport bars are there to strenthen up the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turbo Four vs NA H-6

I would like a flat six for a daily driver as yes, this should last loonger and provide a smoother power curve. Although, I do like how many mods are available for the turbo engines, as well as their small size and lighter weight.
Too bad about the non-availability of a full-fold down partition. I do wish there was a way to reinforce things enough to make it work. Oh well. As long as the stick shift stays available I'm happy.

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just remembered i read something also about subaru is working on putting a turbo on the six.I don't know how much truth there is to that but that would be nice.You would think that the torque would be higher than the 2.5 Turbo but its not.

I'll be down your way tommorrow as i head up to jackson guard to renew my eglin permit and do a little woods riding on the way back.I'm ready to try out some thick sand and see what it will do,i hope i don't get stuck.The last time i played in the sand with a subaru i had to use low range to go through it.The turbo should help out alot as well as the automatic should get more torque out without wheel spin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts