·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Ianb they all do - however you should never use latch in the outer position for several reasons. I recall this is also listed in your owners manual and in the child seat instructions.

From an accident point of view the reason you don't use the outer position with latch is that the top of the seat can shift outward where as the design of the actual seat belts in all cars is set up to reduce and prevent the movement outside of the door. Also a 60lb rated bracket is probably not what you want your child strapped to in a bad side impact accident.

All proper child seat installation backs this up by noting to never use Latch system for the outside seating positions. The other issue is the width between the inner bracket and the outer bracket is too wide to properly brace the car seat giving it more room to twist and rotate over on its side and being in the outer position rotating to the outside would be a very bad thing.
So let me get this straight- you (incorrectly) state, and obvious indignation, that the LATCH system only works in the middle position and when I show you that's incorrect you come back and say that you shouldn't use the outside seats anyway?

:confused:

BTW - How do you propose transporting two children, both in car seats? They both can't be in the middle and there isn't a car on the market that can seat 4 seats in a row.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
/sigh

You can read your manual (I even provided a link and page number) or continue arguing with incorrect information.

The tether anchorages (upper anchorages) are provided for all the seating positions (center and both window-side ones) of the rear seat.
I never made any claim to what is safest. I simply pointed out that you are incorrect in stating that Subaru doesn't provide LATCH for the side rear seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts