Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, boys and girls, I need to see if anyone can shed some light on current lead times on an ordered car. Order placed 7-12-2012 and confirmed with the SOA help line. The dealer can't get an estimated ETA.

Can anyone shed some light on current lead times. I know that Lafayette was closed for two weeks but they are back open.

PS>>If anyone from SOA reads this and wants to help, please PM.

The car is a 2013 OB Limited with the Special Appearance pkg.

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts
The lots were basically emptied during the two week shutdown but they are cranking out now. Did you get the BBP? I was at the plant for the Open House on Saturday and I didn't see any BBP on the line.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does BBP stand for? Sorry but don't recognize this short cut.

The lots were basically emptied during the two week shutdown but they are cranking out now. Did you get the BBP? I was at the plant for the Open House on Saturday and I didn't see any BBP on the line.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duh. BBP Brilliant Brown Pearl. Nope, ordered the white pearl color

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Any reason why your dealer didn't just do a search and trade for the car you want? Unless of course you ordered an odd combo which is not generally built etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There weren't that many white w/SAP outbacks on lots a month ago, that's why I ordered mine 7/9. Still ahve no VIN or ETA date other than "September".

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't forget that there was a 2 week shutdown at the plant. They just reopened last week.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question answered today. Ordered in mid July, scheduled for mid August.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium 6mt
187 Posts
Question answered today. Ordered in mid July, scheduled for mid August.
Was the car already ordered by the dealer and you just agreed on it or was it a brand new order that you had the dealer place for you?

I'm hoping to place an order today or next week if I can find a dealer. 1 month wait time seems impossibly fast.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Special ordered for us
:29:

Was the car already ordered by the dealer and you just agreed on it or was it a brand new order that you had the dealer place for you?

I'm hoping to place an order today or next week if I can find a dealer. 1 month wait time seems impossibly fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts