Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Outback has recently been letting in water when it rains into the hatch/trunk area of the station wagon. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a sunroof, but the water is not entering into either the front or back seats, only the far back of the vehicle. So I don't think it is the sunroof.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,973 Posts
Do you get a shower when you open the hatch?
Is the water just showing up in the rear tire well and carpet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The water just shows up in the back. I don't get a shower when I open the hatch, but my golf bag gets a good soaking. I checked again, and it does seem that the back seatbelt opening in the ceiling is wet. Also, I never open the moon/sun roof. I did today to see if I could find anything there, but it looked clean to me. Does Subaru service know how to fix this problem and any idea how much it costs? I am not handy at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice illustration. However, I am all thumbs and destroy things instead of fixing them. Are Subaru service people aware of the problem and fix them? Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6
86 Posts
At roughly $100/hr at the dealership service department, I would quickly learn basic repairs myself. Post your location, maybe there is a board member in your area who could guide you through the process.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,973 Posts
Or find a local shop, tell them your sunroof drain is plugged, and wave a $20 at them to grab the air hose and try to just blow the junk out. Worst I can feature happening is the blockage is so well lodged the drain hose will pop off a fitting and maybe change the location of the leak.

·
Registered
2001 OB, 2.5
13 Posts
Mine had water coming out of the rear hatch every time you opened it from where the little doors are to replace the bulbs. I had to use some automotive poly urethane to seal around the rear hatch window, around the ... Tail light pod or what ever you call it below the window.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts