Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post here as a new Outback owner. I just picked up a 2021 Outback and looking for a leather bra, but it looks like they don't make them for the 2021. Does anyone have a recommendation or tip on where to find one or where one can be custom made?

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
199 Posts
Don't do it! No matter how tight you get it, particles always get underneath and vibration acts just like a sander against your paint.

OR do as you like and suffer the consequences.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,299 Posts
I would NEVER put one of those things on my car. Too much "stuff" gets under and will do more damage to the paint then they save..

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
10,336 Posts
Nowadays instead of a bra, people apply paint protection film (PPF) and it's quite good.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
10,336 Posts

Reactions: jes2 and Mamberly

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's a classic look, one you don't see too often these days!

It already has one of those film protectors from the dealership, this is purely for aesthetics.
If it’s only for aesthetics, do a film wrap. You can do as much or as little as you like. Plus it saves the paint.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,422 Posts
What about buttless chaps?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nowadays instead of a bra, people apply paint protection film (PPF) and it's quite good.
Correct.

A couple of times a year down in Key West, young women apply paint protection film to themselves instead of wearing bras, and parade down the main streets.

Got to witness one of these parades a few years ago, and they looked just fine to me. :giggle:

Eat your heart out, Madonna....

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
532 Posts
Forget what gets under them, just the constant moving of the straps due to air flow can rub off the paint. There's a reason they really never caught on for any length of time, they're horrible for the paint, and the new 'eco friendly' paint is so much easier to manage than paint of old, it's not worth the risk.

Just have those areas vinyl wrapped, you'll get the look, and actually protect the paint as opposed to damaging it. And that damage happens VERY quickly, it only takes a couple of months in some cases for wear marks to form in the paint.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post here as a new Outback owner. I just picked up a 2021 Outback and looking for a leather bra, but it looks like they don't make them for the 2021. Does anyone have a recommendation or tip on where to find one or where one can be custom made?
Ive put various bras on various vehicles. NEVER had one not majorly affect the finish under it regardless how well it was cleaned.

Your best bet IMO, is a clear paint protector that window tint shops can provide and install. Most likely for less money than a leather fitted bra as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts