Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB 2.5i. Approximately 75,000 miles. Purchased used 11/29/19
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just windering what people have found to best keep leather interior clean and maintained.

I see a million products out there. Some are cleaners, others conditioners and some cleaner AND conditioner. Some are wipes and some are sprays and some are gels.

My 2012 OB has black leather interior. I suspect sun can take a beating with how hot black leather can get.

So I am womdering what others have found to work the best to keep things lootgood and avoid cracking. Also the plastic interior components.

I was thinking a wipe for quick cleaning and some protection. Then a more dedicated conditioner maybe a few times a year.

What brands work best and at decent price?

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
841 Posts
I have used Lexol conditioner on all our leather surfaces for many years. Reasonably priced and it works very well. I generally do two to three applications per year after cleaning the leather with nothing more than a little saddle soap, water, cotton rags, and plenty of elbow grease. I have been doing it this way going all the way back to the mid-1980s.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring 2.5
136 Posts
i like the Chemical Guy's lineup for cleaning and conditioning.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
Lexol cleaner for cleaning the real leather

Meguier's D101 All Purpose for cleaning the fake leather

Lexol conditioner to condition both afterward

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,209 Posts
I don't think it matters as much which product is used rather that it is done on a regular basis. Keep the seats clean, avoid rubbing dirt into the leather, condition on a periodic basis. I will try cleaning and treating monthly in the warm season because more perspiration can get onto the leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts