Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited (01/11/2017 Purchased)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very disappointed in the seats of my 2016 Outback at 30,000 miles. The picture shown is the outside of my driver seat. I don't believe the entire top of seat is leather. I think the outside of the top of the seat is a vinyl. It looks like it broke away from the stitching. It is very thin. I have a 2007 Accord and the seats never split like this from the seam. This Outback replaced a 2003 Highlander and they never split like this from the seam.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,045 Posts
Get to the dealer and bitch........call SOA and open a case with them preemptively......my wife made a set of terry front seat covers to prevent the well-noted indigo dye transfer from "blue jeans" to the leather seats so the covers are also helping make the seat material a bit more durable but you're 125% correct...

This should NOT happen.........not at the price that the LTD and Touring models command!

Steve

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Or loses weight!

As previously stated it is under warranty no need to get unhinged, just contact the dealer let him take look and he should get the authorization to replace the cover/ seat.
OBTW @toysbyus a great story teller but sometimes he get a little over the top........ Drama! Just could not help myself Steve but it all in fun.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

I am a Bad Boy!

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,045 Posts
Or loses weight!

As previously stated it is under warranty no need to get unhinged, just contact the dealer let him take look and he should get the authorization to replace the cover/ seat.
OBTW @toysbyus a great story teller but sometimes he get a little over the top........ Drama! Just could not help myself Steve but it all in fun.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

I am a Bad Boy!
Oh yeah!!! No offense taken, Yoda! Me? Over the top? It's spelled "N E U R O T I C"...........>:)

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6R Touring [ex-'09 OB Ltd. (2009-16); ex-'01 Audi A6 Avant (2001-2009)]; '14 Impreza Sport Premium
924 Posts
I went through 2 replacement outer driver's seat bottom bolster covers on my '09 within 7 years. The material (vinyl in that case on that seating surface, leather only on the interior seat bottom & back panels) was utter crap.

My 9 year old Audi leather seats looked better than the 2 yr old seats on my OB.

·
Registered
2016 Twi-Blue/Ivory OB 3.6R
238 Posts
Thanks drugrep. I have never seen such shoddy, thin and cheap seat vinyl. My car is 2 weeks past the three year warranty date. I hope I can get the to replace the bottom cushion cover.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited (01/11/2017 Purchased)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks drugrep. I have never seen such shoddy, thin and cheap seat vinyl. My car is 2 weeks past the three year warranty date. I hope I can get the to replace the bottom cushion cover.
I would get to the dealer immediately. I agree with you, I’m very disappointed in the seat material quality. My wife drives it and she loves it. At first I was going to replace my accord with legacy, but not now.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
399 Posts
I would get to the dealer immediately. I agree with you, I’m very disappointed in the seat material quality. My wife drives it and she loves it. At first I was going to replace my accord with legacy, but not now.
The 2007 leather in the Accord far surpasses the leather in any 2012-2019 Accord!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts