Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker of subaruoutbacks.org as well as Diode Dynamics products and website.

I have a 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. I am currently looking at getting LED bulbs for the fog lights, possibly some HIDs for the low beams, and possibly a couple other of their other products due to many people on the forums saying their quality is one of the best.

I apologize if this has been mentioned on other posts, but I couldn't find anything informing officially if replacing any/some of these bulbs would void my extended warranty, so I took it upon myself to ask Diode Dynamics and see if they could help get an answer for us all.

Today I asked them if they could inform me if ANY of their bulbs will void the warranty for a 2014 Outback Limited 2.5i (although I imagine it would be the same for any gen 4). I also asked if they could specify what the street legal output bulbs are and if they have any videos of them as I couldn't find any after searching for a few months. The third question I asked was whether they are planning on coming out with LED low beam bulbs. Once they get back to me, I will copy and paste their response here for you all to use at your discretion. I hope it helps.

If any of you have input on this, please let me know.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
74 Posts
I've replaced all the exterior bulbs (except for hi/low beam and fog lights), the dome light, the cargo light and map lights with Diode Dynamics LEDs. Also installed a Smart Tap flasher.

I would not put cheap eBay LEDs in my Outback for fear of the things shorting out and starting a fire. I slowly converted to LEDs as I could not sink the $$ into all at once, everything worked fine as I mixed LEDs and stock bulbs until all were changed to LED. Smart Tap took care of any rapid flashing issues with no resistors spliced into the wires.

The only thing I had to figure out was what bulbs to use for the brake lights and tail lights. There's no mention of either when you lookup by vehicle. I pulled the stock bulbs and sent the details to DD and the response was quick with the right answer.

Front side markers required taking apart the fender shield, the rest were easy.

I look forward to replacing the headlights and fog lights soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to give an update that I haven't received a response from Diode Dynamics yet. While they say they will get back to you in 24 hours, I did tell them to take their time and see if they could find all those answers for me. My biggest concern is it possibly voiding the warranty, so I'm sure they are in the process of doing that.

·
Registered
2014 OB 2.5i Premium
24 Posts
Does anyone have the full list of bulbs for all the interior? I see 31mm LEDs for the map lamps and center dome. What is the replacement needed for the trunk dome light?

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,658 Posts
Does anyone have the full list of bulbs for all the interior? I see 31mm LEDs for the map lamps and center dome. What is the replacement needed for the trunk dome light?
Diode Dynamics has all that information on their website.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
74 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts