Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I have a 2015 Outback 2.5I Limited. I am thinking of replacing my factory halogen lights with LED headlights. Whats the best brand to go with that will not cause any potential electric gremlins and will not scatter light anywhere? I have seen a bunch on the market, but the price range varies so much, I only want to do this once. Thanks in advance for whoever has done this to their vehicle and has had good results.

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited 2.5i
1,131 Posts
I’m a bag fan of VLEDS brand - and not simply because I have some H11’s for sale.

High quality, excellent customer service, and all around nice guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m a bag fan of VLEDS brand - and not simply because I have some H11’s for sale.

High quality, excellent customer service, and all around nice guys.
Is it a simple replacement or do I need to do some rewiring. Just dont want to mess up my electrical system.

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
Easy swap, may take 5 minutes. I put the OPT7 Fluxbeam X - L.E.D. in my 2018, couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither one will scatter light? at $100-$150 a pop, wanna make sure it will be good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plug & Play. No wiring needed.
Perfect, I checked out the site, and they look good as well as the other brand that was recommended here. And you have them installed and the light is not scattered?

·
Registered
2016 OB premium
16 Posts
I've had some lasfit led's in since Feb. No issues, spreads sharper than my tsx retro'd lamps in my old WRX.

For the price, can't go wrong

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
OPT7 is plug and play. No scatter, just a cleaner, whiter lighter, same cutoff as Halogen's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VLEDS just arrived in the mail today...Ill see how they go. Thanks for the information.

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited 2.5i
1,131 Posts
I’ve been running the new VLEDS Micro LED 9005 with DRL module for about 10 days now.

It’s awesome.

With the module plugged inline (it’s small) the high beams function exactly as the stock halogen DRL’s do, except much brighter. I selected the 5k white as I feel it best matches the stock parking light leds.

The high beam 9005 is the best I’ve used. Better than any other 9005 led (I’ve tried most of what’s out there) and even better than the HIR halogen bulbs I’ve been using on & off since 2011. Good throw, excellent color, no dark spots to my eyes.

Make no mistake, the LED DRL function is very bright, yet I’ve not been flashed a single time.
I also checked as best I could (they are bright!) against dark windows and behind parked dark vehicles, and I can see a difference between high beam and DRL mode. Both are bright so it’s not easy to tell, but it’s there.

Finally a solution that is plug & play.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I’ve been running the new VLEDS Micro LED 9005 with DRL module for about 10 days now.

It’s awesome.

With the module plugged inline (it’s small) the high beams function exactly as the stock halogen DRL’s do, except much brighter. I selected the 5k white as I feel it best matches the stock parking light leds.

The high beam 9005 is the best I’ve used. Better than any other 9005 led (I’ve tried most of what’s out there) and even better than the HIR halogen bulbs I’ve been using on & off since 2011. Good throw, excellent color, no dark spots to my eyes.

Make no mistake, the LED DRL function is very bright, yet I’ve not been flashed a single time.
I also checked as best I could (they are bright!) against dark windows and behind parked dark vehicles, and I can see a difference between high beam and DRL mode. Both are bright so it’s not easy to tell, but it’s there.

Finally a solution that is plug & play.

Perfect! Now I can take the plunge thanks so much for your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited 2.5i
1,131 Posts
We have DRL´s on fogs, not highbeams so i cant say anything about that.

I put these to high 2years ago, good and bright.

Car Auto Vehicle LED HB3/H10 110W 10400LM 6000k Headlight Lamp Light Bulb White | eBay

Two differences between the above lights and the new Micro LED from VLEDs;

- the distance between leds (side to side firing) is much less on the vled product. This helps to achieve closer to the 350 degree pattern of light.

- the led chips on the new VLEDs product are designed with a wider “spread” of light, also contributing to that goal of 360 coverage, as one gets with a halogen bulb.

With other led bulbs, including those pictured above, there will be gaps in the light output that show as dark “holes” in the beam pattern. This doesn’t bother some people, but I prefer as much light as I can get. Other brands are undoubtedly good too, I’ve just found the VLEDS Micro to be the best coverage. That they also function as DRL is a bonus.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok installed some Opt7 Fluxbeam X in my '15 OB. Replaced some Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs rated at 2100 lumens. The Opt7s are spec'ed at 4200 lumens each.

The light output on the Opt7's is very poor. Pattern seems ok, but it's as if the bulbs are not getting full voltage or something. They are very dim, not what I seem to be reading from other users. It would appear that the diodes are facing sideways, and no way to adjust, experiment with diodes facing up and down.

I'm stumped.

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited 2.5i
1,131 Posts
Ok installed some Opt7 Fluxbeam X in my '15 OB. Replaced some Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs rated at 2100 lumens. The Opt7s are spec'ed at 4200 lumens each.

The light output on the Opt7's is very poor. Pattern seems ok, but it's as if the bulbs are not getting full voltage or something. They are very dim, not what I seem to be reading from other users. It would appear that the diodes are facing sideways, and no way to adjust, experiment with diodes facing up and down.

I'm stumped.

See my prior posts for the answer.....VLEDS micro. I’m not kidding when I said I’ve tried most others and none compare. Or don’t, but that is the answer I found after much wasted time and expense.

·
Registered
377 Posts
See my prior posts for the answer.....VLEDS micro. I’m not kidding when I said I’ve tried most others and none compare. Or don’t, but that is the answer I found after much wasted time and expense.

Thxs..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts