Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First time poster here. I'm considering installing a light bar on my '15, and wanted some advice on mounting options. I like the LP Adventure small bumper guard, but would prefer a more streamlined look. I'm unable to post an image but can provide a reference if interested.

I like the mount in the lower grill area, however I wasn't sure how that was installed (directly to the bumper?) or if that is the best spot as far as functionality goes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
568 Posts
SSD Performance light bar is cleaner looking in my opinion and high enough that it doesn't blast a lot of light on the ground. Had one on my last STI and it worked great, both mounting wise and aesthetically.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SSD Performance light bar is cleaner looking in my opinion and high enough that it doesn't blast a lot of light on the ground. Had one on my last STI and it worked great, both mounting wise and aesthetically.
I came across this one as well, definitely another good option. How easy was the install? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I have. It was the only low profile option at the time and an alternative to having something fabbed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, your car looks great! Do you find it throws enough light at that height?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the reply, your car looks great! Do you find it throws enough light at that height?
So far so good. Though I'm never going at speeds where I'm afraid I'll outrun my lights. My roof bar is there when I want to look at stuff in the tree line.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
568 Posts
I came across this one as well, definitely another good option. How easy was the install? Thanks for the reply!
You'll have to take off the bumper and do some minor drilling on the bumper support but it's actually quite easy to do. What I liked is that the bar actually mounts to two tabs. So if you aren't using the lightbar you can quickly disconnect the light and two 19mm bolts to remove the assembly, leaving just the two mounting tabs hidden back in the grill.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far so good. Though I'm never going at speeds where I'm afraid I'll outrun my lights. My roof bar is there when I want to look at stuff in the tree line.

Gotcha! Any recommendations on specific bars/brands to look at? I kinda want this to be my only extra light set-up and would like it to be sufficient all around

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll have to take off the bumper and do some minor drilling on the bumper support but it's actually quite easy to do. What I liked is that the bar actually mounts to two tabs. So if you aren't using the lightbar you can quickly disconnect the light and two 19mm bolts to remove the assembly, leaving just the two mounting tabs hidden back in the grill.
Sounds easy enough, although I most likely won't be doing it myself (I'm not very handy at all). So, the individual components can be removed fairly easily?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.0D
216 Posts
One option...
https://imgur.com/a/zxSRw

This bar does not blind me even with white snow on the ground, it has very little light to near.
Vertical spread is narrow, but horizontally is wide.
Because of low install height, i can use this at quite heavy blizzard and dont have just white wall ahead of me.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One option...
https://imgur.com/a/zxSRw

This bar does not blind me even with white snow on the ground, it has very little light to near.
Vertical spread is narrow, but horizontally is wide.
Because of low install height, i can use this at quite heavy blizzard and dont have just white wall ahead of me.
That looks really great. I'm concerned that if I went that route, the front license plate will be partially covering the lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which set are we talking about? I’m looking at a 20” too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts