Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Team Subaru, I was hoping to get your opinion on a first world problem I’m having.
What would you do in my shoes?

As posted before I’m starting to customize or accessories’ my Outback to make it my own…
General use vehicle with weekend trips to the mountains or dessert so one of my first high dollar purchases was this Heretic 6 - 30” LED light bar made by Heretic Studios (Located in Utah) mounted on the roof rack.
I ordered online from Truck Brigade and selected light with a Flood patten.
You can see from the photo there is a spot beam in the center of the flood so they accidentally
sent me the Combo Flood/Spotlight.

Question, Should I just rock this combo light since its already installed or would you push to receive the Flood only light? This bar does throw a lot of light down further but it’s not what I ordered. Light was in the $750 Ballpark. Funny thing is the paperwork from the box showed Flood Pattern checked but from my photo…doesn’t that look like a spot in the center??

Either way the light is impressively bright. What would you do?

PS: Only testing the lights on a carless country road I’m not driving around with them on unless in the wilderness etc.
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Automotive lighting Cloud Hood Car Windscreen wiper

Human body Sports equipment Gesture Automotive lighting Font

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,645 Posts
The beam sure does look like Combo - I'd only keep it if you decide that the combo pattern works well for you after all. It might even be spot since I don't see the light cast very broadly.

Reactions: SFORAFF

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
2,010 Posts
Not from personal experience, but I have seen mention of roof mounted light bars causing glare off the hood. Seems like a flood would do more of that than a combo.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
806 Posts
I like the light output of the bar you currently have installed. It throws the light down the road, where IMHO you need it most. A flood pattern might be nice if you're parked, but for driving, the combo pattern rocks!

Reactions: SFORAFF

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The beam sure does look like Combo - I'd only keep it if you decide that the combo pattern works well for you after all. It might even be spot since I don't see the light cast very broadly.
Now I'm going to have to do an impromptu drive to the desert this weekend to test out the light bar - need real world conditions.
Reno, NV here I come... I'll report back. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the light output of the bar you currently have installed. It throws the light down the road, where IMHO you need it most. A flood pattern might be nice if you're parked, but for driving, the combo pattern rocks!
Originally the purpose was to turn them on when I got on gravel roads and to keep on when setting up camp at night.
Which is why I wanted just Floods, I'll test this combo light out more this weekend see if it grows on me. More is better I suppose
but I'm concerned in the rain/snow I might be throwing out too much light and blinding myself. Stay tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts