Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i w/CVT
344 Posts
These certainly look nice! I haven't tried the strips, but to me, installing them properly means disassembling the head lamp housings, installing the strips, and reassembling the housings. I'm not quite sure how to do this (there are probably write-ups on it) and don't really have the desire to go to all the trouble.

I kept the high-beam based DRLs on our '11 OB and replaced the #168 position bulbs (in the high beam lamp area) with LEDs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bassman,

The strips would install on the exterior. There is a small flat rim around the exterior of the headlights. The glue strip would be applied to that and then the LED wired to a hot source that switches on with the key.

I'm just wonder how they performance as replacements for the DRL's. I had purchased LED foglamps that started burning out within weeks of installation. Pretty low budget stuff...don't want to go through that again.

//Rick

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i w/CVT
344 Posts
Thanks for the information, Rick. Sounds like the installation wouldn't be too bad, then except for possibly drilling a small hole in the lamp housing for the wires.

Sorry to hear about your LED DRLs. The ones I've seen on a couple of websites seem to be pretty high-dollar; one set I noticed came with a rating of 13 watts each and had a list price of $89.95 each (V-LEDs). I'm curious how well those would last - - 13 watts of LEDs would generate enough heat that they'd have to use a pretty good heat sink in the lamp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts