Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just repaced my 2010 Outback with LED's brake,tail and 4 way's that are quicker,& brighter from, CariD.com, in Cranbury, NJ. The bulbs are 7443 wedge type. Make sure you use double pins on each side, for tail & brake lights. You also have to use load resistors which are advisable to mount with 'RTV' (high heat)silicone.

·
Registered
921 Posts
There are other LED threads already out there already, but I must ask... How do they do in sunlight? In my experience, most LED bulbs cannot compare to incandescent as far as output is concerned, especially cheap ones. I see you probably got some pretty good ones from carid, although I'm not sure of the exact ones you purchased.

I bought these to use as brake lights. They are like 85% (eyeball estimate) as bright as the stock bulbs. They used to be $80, but they're $50 now. I didn't want to compromise safety so I am using the stock bulbs for my brakes and these LEDs as turn signals, where they perform fine in the sun.
PLATINUM RED 7 WATT HIGH POWER 20 LED BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 7443-CK | 1 PAIR

I'd like to test these for brake lights, but I'm not going to pre-order. I don't see the point. I can wait...
V3 TRITON RED MULTI-APPLICATION HIGH POWER LED BRAKE LIGHT SYSTEM 7440 7443 1156 1157 3156 3157 | 1 PAIR B/O

Can you provide a link to the exact ones you bought?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Also interested in knowing which exact products have been purchased from CarId. Must be Putco, but which ones? Also, how strong is the change in brightness when brakes are applied with taillights on?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just repaced my 2010 Outback with LED's brake,tail and 4 way's that are quicker,& brighter from, CariD.com, in Cranbury, NJ. The bulbs are 7443 wedge type. Make sure you use double pins on each side, for tail & brake lights. You also have to use load resistors which are advisable to mount with 'RTV' (high heat)silicone.
Photos please.

Ron

·
Registered
921 Posts
Load resistors are one way to do it, but they get hot. I have LEDs on all four corners and used a new flasher relay made for this purpose. I'd provide a link, but I'm a little pressed for time at the moment. Got the relay and LEDs from v-LEDs (no personal affiliation).

·
Registered
978 Posts
The OP's one-off post could be seen as a plug for CarId, but that company is already a registered vendor and a sponsor. So the silence is hard to understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
OBnube
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing