Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done LED tail light bulbs in their Gen 3? I purchased some bulbs for my car, but they won't work correctly. The only come on like a parking light, the don't get brighter whenever I press on the brake pedal (a big problem).

So, if anyone has done this, have you had success? If so, what bulbs did you buy and from where did you buy them?

TIA

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i Limited 4AT
15 Posts
I put sylvania zevo leds in for my tail lights and turn signals. They work well and are very bright but I'll probably get something else soon because they don't fill the reflectors with light as well as they should. The bulb number for the brake lights is 7440, which is a dual filament bulb, so double check to make sure you grabbed the right ones. I bought the wrong bulbs many times for my last car 😂. 7443 is the same bulb but with only one filament which sounds like it could be the issue you are having. Leds are polarity specific, so it may not hurt to try flipping the bulb 180°. You can get the sylvanias at pretty much any auto parts store or I think walmart even has them. Basically anywhere that sells their headlight bulbs should have their leds. Being sylvania, they are a little pricey though (like $20 per pair).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts