Subaru Outback Forums banner

LED turn signal lights on 2015 Outback!

9K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  johnnychan 
#1 · (Edited)
Wanted to share my latest instillation on my 2015 Outback!
They look awesome!
https://youtu.be/Mhx-IkNS2ds
I should have elaborated. One side is LED and the other is the stock bulbs. You can see the difference because the LEDs come on and go off much faster. It just looks allot sharper.
@Diode Dynamics

#10 ·
@Brucey
Sorry dude! I used 3M Grey molding tape. It sticks like crazy and is very heat resistant. NEVER use cheap foam tape! I'd say over time it'll break down and gum up the instal. Anyway, here's a pic of where I place the resistor.

Attachments

#15 ·
@Diode Dynamics
I wish I lived closer, I'd bring mine. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. The 2015 Outback is apparently the first Subaru that has incorporated the flash relay into the CAN Bus as a logic circuit. No mechanical flash rely, all electronic. That's why Subaru put the clicky sound effect when any flashers are turned on. Without it, there would be dead silence...
It's a cool idea in that the flash relays never need replacing. The bad drawback is if anything ever happens to the flasher logic circuit, you're stuck replacing the entire CAN Bus module. And they ain't cheap...

#18 ·
Our new HP48 models are being added to this site this week. They are $40/retail and are fully compatible with both CK and standard socket configurations. They are also fairly short in overall length so they will definitely fit your application needs.

For you crafty DIY'ers, here's another option:

We will be developing a plug and play version of this kit for the Outback once we confirm the factory-connector sizes

Nick C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.