Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 outback ll bean h6 3.0
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use the legacy wagon bilstein struts for the outback and use kings springs to compensate for the different spring rates in the rear? As far as i know everything is the same. No? Not too concerned with ride height just trying to get reliable struts.

The car is a 06 outback ll bean

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,225 Posts
What year is your car, what model.

Generally Legacy parts (Bilstein in the case) will transfer over with the loss of ride height. Bilstein are awful expensive, The Koni option is a little easier on the wallet by about 2 grand. Bs are sweet tho.

I don't to comment on the King application until I find out what year we are talking about.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,851 Posts
What year is your car, what model.

Generally Legacy parts (Bilstein in the case) will transfer over with the loss of ride height. Bilstien are awful expensive, The Koni option is a little easier on the wallet by about 2 grand.

I don't to comment on the King application until I find out what year we are talking about.
"The car is a 06 outback ll bean" = EZ30R powered :nerd:

·
Master Caster
16,225 Posts
Well I am running blind in both cars with no Eysight...I guess I truly am.

In that case. The Bilstein are obscenely expensive. The last time I bothered to check they were $1200.00 a corner. That put you at nearly $5K for dampers. If you buy used, its total crapshoot. I do know that Bilstein rebuild them for you for somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 ea.

For $1000 to $1500 you can get the Koni and just and but your own out of Leggy or OB struts Or some decent coilovers.

The King Spring will benefit you in the only way it ever would have. A stiffer rear spring rate that can carry a bit more weight. The dry handling you may or may not like.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am running blind in both cars with no Eysight...I guess I truly am.

In that case. The Bilstein are obscenely expensive. The last time I bothered to check they were $1200.00 a corner. That put you at nearly $5K for dampers. If you buy used, its total crapshoot. I do know that Bilstein rebuild them for you for somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 ea.

For $1000 to $1500 you can get the Koni and just and but your own out of Leggy or OB struts Or some decent coilovers.

The King Spring will benefit you in the only way it ever would have. A stiffer rear spring rate that can carry a bit more weight. The dry handling you may or may not like.
are you talking about the jdm bts kit? Or the ones they have on rockauto for the usdm legacy wagon?? I haven't seen 1500 a corner anywhere :nerd:

·
Master Caster
16,225 Posts
are you talking about the jdm bts kit? Or the ones they have on rockauto for the usdm legacy wagon?? I haven't seen 1500 a corner anywhere :nerd:
What are they selling new Bilstein dampers for these days?

Front?

Rear?

Links?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,851 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im debating on which suspension to go with, its either this or the jdm bts one :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts