Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Post some pictures of it on the car when you get it. I'm really considering of buying one, I just want to see how good it looks.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EREBUNI GRILLE

Hey Northstar,

I finally got my new grille. It took alot of modding to the mounts to get it to fit the mount pins. I spent alot of time using my die grinder! First of all it fits a legacy (not outback) and is abit short on height about an 1 1/4". but it does mount ok with modification. I wasn't very impressed with the quality of workmanship rather cheap and unfinished product really(not a direct bolt on) . I painted the grille black just to see how it looked ( the mesh is tight and comes black, I would like to make it aluminum color.)and plan to modify the lower half to fill the gap below the grille between the bumper. I had to extensively grind off metal on the center grille support tab to fit the EREBUNI grille!!! I will be able to remount the factory grille however. The EREBUNI grille was made for a legacy and apparently the dimensions are different. I managed to make it work after 2 hours labor. I looks ok but will take abit of modding to look just right. I'll kept you updated and will send pics ok.:D ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow, Thats weird, i thought legacy parts like their grills, were also made for the outbacks. Im glad you got it to fit, and i really wanna see the pics

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grille

Hey Northstar,
Remember where talking aftermarket parts too! Right now the grille is all black. It looks pretty good but I may bead blast the mesh to aluminum finnish. I will take some pics today but I want to finnish modding the grille this weekend.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing