Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off topic I know but I thought maybe someone here may also be a poster on the LegacyGT.com site. I have tried to register, created a user name and password but have never gotten a confirming email so am unable to post or reply to anything there. The Contact Us link just returns to the home page of the site with no way to contact anyone. I thought maybe the site had been shut down but it’s still active with current posters. It’s one of the only Legacy forums I’ve found that seems to be active. Does anyone know how to contact the administrators there to gain access?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I have tried for months, checking spam, etc. Thought it might be a mobile device thing, turned off ad blockers, tried from my lap top, reset my password. Nothing worked. Never get an email but it recognizes me and I can log in. A thread with a list of moderators is years old and offered no help. Contact us doesn’t produce any contact method. It’s the only site that just doesn’t work, at least for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still no contact from anyone on that site and no way to post, reply or follow anything and no way to contact a moderator or administrator.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
The Contact Us link just returns to the home page of the site . . . . .

Never get an email but it recognizes me and I can log in. . . .
Hmm . . .

The Contact Us link appears (at the bottom right) only when logged in. It links to the "Site Suggestions / Questions" sub-forum where members can post issues and questions.

As you can log in, can you access your User Control Panel (for personal options etc), yet not post in a forum? That would seem odd. I'm wondering if perhaps the return e-mail was lost/misdirected, but you're nevertheless a member in good standing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’re correct, the Contact Us link does go to the Site Suggestions page but since I can’t post It’s useless to me. I can access the User Control Panel and change display options. And I can edit my user name and password which I’ve done multiple times, changing only the password, hoping to trigger an email. I believe an email link has to be used to confirm my email address and establish the account. But since I never receive an email this process never gets completed. I’ve actually tried this for at least a year and have never had success.

Whether the email never gets sent or is blocked as spam by the iCloud email system I don’t know. But this is the only site I’ve ever encountered this on. If there were some way to actually contact an administrator I might be able to get this resolved but there seems to be no way to do this

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Whether the email never gets sent or is blocked as spam by the iCloud email system I don’t know. But this is the only site I’ve ever encountered this on. If there were some way to actually contact an administrator I might be able to get this resolved but there seems to be no way to do this
Looks as if this is not a new problem.

I was looking through the Site Suggestions / Questions forum there and came across a post by our own @eagleeye ( https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/no-confirmation-email-received-268520.html ). There was no response there, but, eagleeye's post links back to here LegacyGT.com activation problems. There's some suggestions -- don't know if the member had any luck. I did find there's [only] three posts by Stripe on the LegacyGT and they're in 2017, i.e., before the issue arose. I wonder if the problem Stripe had in February 2018 was because there was already someone using the same ID. (Of course, that should have been caught right away and not accepted.)

I also checked for posts by Jp1975. The Advanced Search function recognized the ID as valid (reflecting that you can log in etc.), but did not list any posts (so there's nobody else using the same ID, or, there was someone with that ID but they never posted!

There are new members being shown every time I log in, and there's one as of today, so the registration system is working. Have you tried a totally new registration (different ID, different e-mail address)?

@ammcinnis Are you still a mod on LegacyGT; any idea what is happening and how to deal with it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might try a new registration but I use the same email and username here, different passwords, with no problems. I’m assuming it’s an issue with their software which doesn’t seem to have been updated in decades. When I first set this up and when I changed passwords I got a notice pop up that an email would be sent to complete the process. It never is. Not sure it’s even worth this effort. Most sites have an email link for an administrator or site manager where such issues could be reported, that one doesn’t.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And thanks for your effort. But as you saw there was no response to the Stripe poster’s issue. The only posts concerting anything similar was years ago and nothing since. Not sure that it’s even monitored anymore.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
There's yet another new member listed today. As you can log in, and view things that are limited to registered members, yet never receive correspondence, is it possible your email address on the site isn't correct. Can you see it in the User CP? Perhaps re-enter it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it doesn’t show you your current email address. Only options to change your password and/or your email address. But your current one is not shown.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually changed my email address on the edit profile page. I figured that might trigger an email notification and maybe the site was having a problem with the original address. There was no confirmation that the change had occurred although the page did reload. No email was sent as confirmation of the change. Perhaps the site just doesn’t work on Apple devices. My guess is that, as poor as the site functions and looks, no one is updating the software. Just compare this site to that one. One looks like 2020 and one looks like 1985.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to change my email back to the original one. When I entered it and confirmed a message popped up saying that address was already in use. A request password field for forgotten passwords or user names popped up. I entered my address and clicked submit. A notice popped up saying an email had been sent with instructions on changing my password. As always no email was received. I give up. It’s probably best that they don’t have my email address. It doesn’t affect my logging in and browsing. It’s the only site I’ve ever run into this on and really no longer worth my time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts