Subaru Outback Forums banner

Let me introduce myself

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MrBean85 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My parents just picked up a blue 98 Outback w/ 122k miles and the cold package, keyless, factory cd player, tweeters, rear cupholder, with an automatic for $3000 at the local Sube dealer. Other than a little torque bind and needing tires and a good cleaning its a nice car.

But we're definately not new to Subes

Since 1985 we've owned
3 EA81s
3 EA82s
6 First gen Legacies
1 Second gen
and now the Outback

Besides the outback which will be my mom's, my dad has a 90 L AWD wagon, my sister has a 91 L AWD sedan and I've got a 92 L AWD sedan.

Looking forward to learning more about Outbacks from what seems a great board!

Kevin

See less See more
#5 ·
MrBean85 said:
But we're definately not new to Subes

Since 1985 we've owned
3 EA81s
3 EA82s
6 First gen Legacies
1 Second gen
and now the Outback

Besides the outback which will be my mom's, my dad has a 90 L AWD wagon, my sister has a 91 L AWD sedan and I've got a 92 L AWD sedan.

Looking forward to learning more about Outbacks from what seems a great board!

Kevin
**** now that is a quite a repertoire! I think your family holds the site record :D

You are quite welcome here, always good to have another Kevin aboard :D I guess everyone will have to just call me "Hero" from now on with all these other Kevins running around :p ****** please send my invitation to the rest of your Subaru family if you'd like, always great to talk with as many people with as much experience as possible ;)

Hope to see you around often, please bring your questions!

#6 ·
Me too.....That is introducing myself

I haven't officially introduced myself, so here goes.....

I have a 2K OBW (my wifes) thats been a great car (with the exception of a little Coolant seeping out a head before the conditioner was put in)...60K mi. on it now. They will (somehow) replace the headgaskets before 100K....I am dedicated to it.

Also, I have a 97 OBS with 124K mi. on it. Just got it at 121K and have done a lot of catchup work on it. Looks cool with WRX wheels...a great accent for the car! I really like this car.

This forum looks like a great resource and we should all frequent it and pass it on with gusto. This has to be the best place to get answers!

Jim in Redmond, WA:D

#7 ·
Re: Me too.....That is introducing myself

jlofgr said:
This forum looks like a great resource and we should all frequent it and pass it on with gusto. This has to be the best place to get answers!

Jim in Redmond, WA:D
Well thanks for the nice words Jim! :D

The Outback.org standing trade: You bring us questions and you'll be traded for answers ;)

#8 ·
Well I took the Outback from my mom today to get new tires on it and start cleaning it and all I can say is man this car is sweet. After a couple of hours and some elbow grease the car looks amazing. I'm still slightly biased towards my 92 but I'm definately impressed with it so far!
:D

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.