Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I have searched and read so much my eyes are crossed, and I still have this question - I'm hopefully about to buy a 2008-9 Outback and I want to lower it using LGT components (stock wagon springs w/Koni inserts).

The question is: will I have wheel/tire clearance problems if I run this combo with stock Outback wheels and tires? I have actually found multiple instances where people say there's no problem, and it seems just as many where the answer is that there will be issues.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could clear this up for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should be OK. I wanted to go a little lower so I went with LGT struts with Tein H-tech springs in the front and LGT sedan struts and springs in the rear on my 05 OBW. Initially the car had the stock 16s. It was the perfect drop for me. No rubbing issues. I then picked up a cheap set of used stock 17s with 225/50 tires that replaced the 16s. I no longer own the car though.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,424 Posts
You should not have any spring perch or wheel well rubbing issues (as long as the OB has stock sized tires).

Be warned, the OB's lift doesn't come from the struts alone. Subframe spacers, trailing arm brackets, driveshaft, etc all make-up the lift. Just lowering the car will result in non-centered wheels, poor handling, vibrations, and increased wear-and-tear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts