Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Subaru Outback Front License Plate Bracket and Universal Rear License Plate Holder
C&C CarWorx Corp. p/n OW-18-FP-C $52.87
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my new 2018 I wanted to mount the front licence plate a bit nicer than just screwing it to the bumper. The stock Subaru holder is just a flat plate. I wasn't sure how well that would fit to a curved bumper surface. This holder by C&C CarWorx just came out for the 2018 Outback.

Impressions...

Front holder is black textured plastic. It is a good 1/8" thick. Very sturdy feeling. Contour matches the front bumper well. A raised lip around the plate might offer a small amount of protection to the plate. Once mounted to the bumper with the adhesive tape strips I think it is pretty much welded to the bumper.

Universal rear holder is also fairly thick black plastic. Also has adhesive tape strips but I did not use them so I could remove and clean behind when the dirt builds up. The holder itself sits slightly away from the paint. It also has a raised lip around the plate. While nothing special it will make a nice frame/mounting for the plate.

Price? Seems a bit high to me. The plus side is that the holders , I think, were pretty nice. They also come with stainless steel screws and plastic screw head covers that might dress up your plates.

Plate_1.JPG

Plate_2.JPG

Plate_3.JPG

Plate_4.JPG

https://www.mycarworx.com/store/responsive_site/OutbackWagon_2018_FrontLicenseBracket.html

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I got the same style for the '15-17 models. Very secure with the screws and tape. Paid $41 through Ebay.
Must be that inflation the Fed is looking for!

·
Registered
45 Posts
2018 Subaru Outback Front License Plate Bracket and Universal Rear License Plate Holder
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my new 2018 I wanted to mount the front licence plate a bit nicer than just screwing it to the bumper. The stock Subaru holder is just a flat plate. I wasn't sure how well that would fit to a curved bumper surface. This holder by C&C CarWorx just came out for the 2018 Outback.

Impressions...

Front holder is black textured plastic. It is a good 1/8" thick. Very sturdy feeling. Contour matches the front bumper well. A raised lip around the plate might offer a small amount of protection to the plate. Once mounted to the bumper with the adhesive tape strips I think it is pretty much welded to the bumper.

Universal rear holder is also fairly thick black plastic. Also has adhesive tape strips but I did not use them so I could remove and clean behind when the dirt builds up. The holder itself sits slightly away from the paint. It also has a raised lip around the plate. While nothing special it will make a nice frame/mounting for the plate.

Price? Seems a bit high to me. The plus side is that the holders , I think, were pretty nice. They also come with stainless steel screws and plastic screw head covers that might dress up your plates.

View attachment 385642

View attachment 385650

View attachment 385658

View attachment 385666

https://www.mycarworx.com/store/responsive_site/OutbackWagon_2018_FrontLicenseBracket.html
Can you see your entire plate on both front and rear?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
License Plate Bracket by C&C CarWorx (2018 Outback)

I have these on my 2017 and they give it a nice, finished appearance.

Yes, the entire plate is visible.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of notes

Just to clarify... The part number noted is specifically for a 2018. The p/n for the 15-17 is different. Check the website for info and more photos.

Also, Price noted is for the front and rear holder set (current sale price). Front holder is available by itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put these on my wife's previous '08 RAV4 and they were still looking good when we handed it over tour daughter. Have them on my '16 XV and her new Outback. Oh, and the screws are long enough to add a clear cover over the plates, as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happy to find this thread. After my front plate bent in a touchless car wash I knew I needed something a little more robust on the front bumper. Granted my plates are quite old, but there is very little supporting the plate on the front of an Outback.

Ordered both front and back for my 18. I really like the looks on the front. Seems that the front bumper mounting points will be under less stress as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the front one of these on the front of my 13 crosstrek. It really made the front end look better. The bare hanging plate isn't a good look. having one of these makes it look like the plate is supposed to be there versus someone just screwed it into the bumper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know what the distance is from the top screws for the plate, to the ridge of the frame? My sensor for my tolls attaches to the front plate so I need to know if it will fit.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have one of these C&C’s on my G4. They’re great. I think they’re worth the price premium. Got front and back, gave it a nice finished look.

·
Registered
435 Posts

Impressions...

View attachment 385642

View attachment 385650

View attachment 385658

View attachment 385666

Nice. I'd be tempted to just attach with tape and skip the mount screws altogether.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our bikes, when on rack, block visibilty of rear license plate. Regulations require plates to be visible.

I devised a temporary location. No lights so only for daylight driving. (could add, but this is temporary). It's a bit of a pain, because I have to swap plates back to normal location when rack is taken off.

What I was thinking about, was to mount the plate below the rear bumper to one side of the hitch. Down there, it should be visible.

Anyone seen a bracket that would fit down there, made for an Outback (ours is 2019)

Or have a better solution when carrying bikes?

If you don't think it is a problem, this is a long thread from our part of Canada. https://forums.mtbr.com/eastern-canada/ontario-obstruct-license-plate-621071.html

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
they came quicker than i thought. the price tag is a bit much in my opinion for what youre getting but the fit and finish is very nice and does give a very finished look to the car. i like them. plus its nice to have 4 points securing the rear tag and the metal frame i have isnt rattling off the hatch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
they came quicker than i thought. the price tag is a bit much in my opinion for what youre getting but the fit and finish is very nice and does give a very finished look to the car. i like them. plus its nice to have 4 points securing the rear tag and the metal frame i have isnt rattling off the hatch.
Could you do me a favor and snap a couple extra close up pictures with out the front license plate on?

I am considering something like this to hide my winch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used this vendor for all my Subies…...they are a bit pricey but the fit is great and like the overall product. Just received the front bracket for our new 19 Ascent...been too cold to mount it yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts