Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 Subaru Outback Wagon LL Bean. I ordered a lift kit for it from sjrlift.com. I'm having trouble installing the rear shock struts because of no clearance after putting on the rear shock spacers. My mechanic and I think we need the four rear carrier spacers as shown from this picture for example-

This is the kit I ordered from sjrlift-

Can anybody please help? Am I doing something wrong? I am trying to get install instructions from sjrlift, but we're still going back and forth. :confused:

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
If you ordered the 2" kit pictured above, that's all you get. It's strut spacers. Subframe drops aren't needed until you start going over 2-3". It's sounds like you're describing an issue with mounting up the lower strut bolt once the upper is bolted in. You need to disconnect the rear sway bar links and pry down the suspension arms to the now lower attachment point.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
have you contacted SJR? Subarus take 2" lifts without spacers usually, that's about standard.

folks have had problems just installing new struts on this era vehicle - there are folks on this forum with pictures of like 3 or more pieces of 2x4's and various jack combinations and such in order to facilitate just installing new struts without any lift. he's probably struggling in that way...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you contacted SJR? Subarus take 2" lifts without spacers usually, that's about standard.

folks have had problems just installing new struts on this era vehicle - there are folks on this forum with pictures of like 3 or more pieces of 2x4's and various jack combinations and such in order to facilitate just installing new struts without any lift. he's probably struggling in that way...

I looked at my car with one of the rear strut spacers installed. I was told that the drastic angle of the cv axle was not good and even prying down the suspension arms and sway bar links the mount holes were far off. I don't see how people did this without damaging their car and suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts