Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hauling around a lot of weight in my '00 Outback Impreza recently, and when I do the rear end sags pretty badly.

I'd like to install a lift kit or some kind of suspension that can handle the extra load.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of project? Any products recommended?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Get a set of paranoid fabrications saggy butt spacers - we had these on our old '96 OBS & they worked GREAT!
The thickest spacers still fit with the stock strut mount studs & give the OBS a slight rake.

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
dunno about fitment - maybe someone here does - but I have the springs from my 06 WRX wagon avalable. pulled off with less than 1900 miles on them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The best way to go is with longer/heavier duty springs if the lift is not just for looks. Using a spacer doesn't increase the travel of your rear struts, and you'll still bottom out just as much carrying a heavier load. Upping the spring rate or spring length will keep the back end high and allow more weight to be added without hitting the bumpstops as often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
burnout8488
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing