Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been reading this site regarding the lift kits for the 2nd gen outback. I have also check the sites on Subtle and Paranoid sites on their saggy butt kits. I notice the picture for the 2008 Impreza rear lift kit on Paranoid's page is a two bolt piece. That said, will this kit fit the 2nd generation outback wagon's as we have a two bolt mount at the rear?? Does anyone know if the 2008 Impreza has the same setup as the 2nd generation outback for the rears?

If this really fit, then it is much cheaper to just buy the kit from Paranoid then to make it myself:29:. I currently don't have the template for the rears.

·
Registered
02 Outback 2.5 5sp
543 Posts
I don't know what spacers cost, but baja springs are unbelievably cheap. I think I paid about $30/ea for the rear, and $50/ea for the front.

I also replaced the struts, but those would be the same regardless.

James

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
^^ +1 thats what I will be doing. New turbo Baja springs and Kyb Gr2 struts all around.

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if it is that cheap (cheaper then buying spacers) I might get the baja springs and new struts all round. I still want to top them with an inch spacers all round.

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally decided to get the lift kits from Paranoid Fabrications. Their prices are by far the best and it cost just as much, to make them myself as I would have to get the 1" thick HDPE and cut them myself. To top it off, I could never get them these nice as I dont have the machine to get them perfect.

Will install them the first nice warm day..and as usual, I will have pictures. The baja springs will have to wait till spring:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts