Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to lift and OB, or kits offered to do this as like thoses of lifting an 4x4 pickup, would like to get a 2" lift for a little more ride height, a little easier for getting in and out of car and a little off roading I mean a lite amount of off roading

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
SJR Home and Gloyale (HiGuys) are both members of USMB and build lift kits. Couple of other guys on USMB build lift kits too.

I've bought scotts kits before, here is his 2000+ 2" kit:
http://www.sjrlift.com/index.php/catalog/lift-kits/0-2-lift-kit-2000-detail

Gloyale does kits for 2000-2004 generation stuff and I know folks swap later generation suspension stuff so good chance those kits are compatible with the 2005-2009 era stuff too. I'm sure he knows.

2" is a good lift - like you said just nicer for some folks, and it's relatively easy to do with simple strut extensions.

there are also like subtlesolutions spacers, or folks have made their own, i think you can get 1" from those. maybe you can also get 1" from installing Baja or King springs, I think that gives a little bit of a lift. most 2" lifts though are also offset to account for alignment geometry changes...so not sure what happens with that if you simply do springs/spacers, i've always installed the offset lift kits.

·
Registered
outback
31 Posts
I have a subtle solutions one inch suspension lift that with beefy sway bars works awesome! put on the biggest yokohama geolander tires I could fit and I'm very happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts