Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a lighting upgrade bug for Shaguar. What sized light bar would fit between the foglights? What brand would you recommend? Would you mount it else where? (I can only mount between 24" and 42" from the ground) also would you recommend a light bar or multiple light pods? i'm switching everything over to LEDs..or should i go with HIDs since it doesn't have projector headlights?

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
71 Posts
I don't know enough about subaru lights to know if HID upgrade is worth it. But it is good practice to get your stock system up to snuff the best you can. A really like the LED lights but I also find the 5000K fatiguing on the eyes. For this reason I have upgraded my factory lights (harnesses, proper bulbs etc) for nice long drives at night and added LED for short bursts of intense light.

I think you have to as what you want to see first, then make a decision on bars. For myself, I want to see a LONG ways down the road directly in front of my vehicle, but I also want to see off the the sides. To accomplish this I've been having good luck with a combination of a 18"-24" spot bar in the center with flood pods or 7" floods on either side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's about what i want. I do some off-roading/trail driving and it is sometimes at night. Also here in MN we have idiot deer that enjoy jumping in front of vehicles. I'm looking for some crisp white light, maybe a slight blue hue for winter driving. I've been doing some research on LED vs HID, HID doesn't seem to scatter as much. Very curious about the dust cover and how those work with the fans of the bulbs. Essentially the light color to the little light pods in this picture.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts