Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
White 2003 Legacy Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a light bar for my 03 OBW. I dont really intend to do a lot of offroading, but there are too many of me running around! I want to differentiate my car.

Im hoping for a brush guard style light bar that I can mount two lights to. Nothing exeeding functional, just the look.

I havent been able to find anyone who makes a brush guard to my car.

your input is appreciated.

:werd:

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Outback, 2.5L, Alpine system, Forsgate 12'' Subs
451 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? :15:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Heres some guys in austrilla so as far a shipping goes it can get pretty spendy.
Heres the prices they gave me w/ out shipping.

Thanks for your interest regarding our Subaru Series 2 Nudge Bars,

The prices are as follows:

63MM Series 2 Nudge Bar in:

Polished: $AU 686.00 (excluding shipping costs)

Silver Hammertone: $AU 593.00 (Excluding shipping costs)

Black Ripple: $AU 593.00 (Excluding shipping costs)

Silver Ripple: $AU 610.00 (Excluding shipping costs)

Here are the money copnversions to US
AU 686=~618 US W/O Shipping
Au 593=~534 US W/O shipping
http://www.ecb.com.au/model/Outback.htm

Other than these guys you might want to check out your local shops and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
White 2003 Legacy Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats pretty much what im looking for.. but that is gonna be out of my budget. the wife would never have it.

where can i get some of those headlights?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Those headlights you'll probably have to get those on ebay. There also only on the Australian model of the Subaru.

·
Registered
02 2.5 auto Outback Wagon "Limited"
363 Posts
Riggs said:
Does anyone have a light bar attached to their roof? Any pics??
This would be a very good place to mount lights on mine, the're go right on a rail... but I cant figure out how to cleany wire them. Has anoyne done this? How to the OE roof siderails come off?

·
Registered
Subaru:'07 3.0R LLBean, '01 H6 LLBean, '00 BRP 2.5RS. As well as 10 other cars and 9 motorbikes.
420 Posts
WayBack said:

This would be a very good place to mount lights on mine, the're go right on a rail... but I cant figure out how to cleany wire them. Has anoyne done this? How to the OE roof siderails come off?
I am pretty sure that the rails come off by removing the caps at the end and then unbolting them.

I think Scooby had a picture tutorial of how he wired up his lights on top of his rack.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i, Auto
76 Posts
That Rallyinnovations bar is nice, but I only see Impreza models listed on their site. Would it be a direct fit or would modifications be needed to fit it to an 05 OB?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am pretty sure that the rails come off by removing the caps... [/B]
How? :) Do they pull off? Pry off? Slide forward and off? :)

·
Registered
Subaru:'07 3.0R LLBean, '01 H6 LLBean, '00 BRP 2.5RS. As well as 10 other cars and 9 motorbikes.
420 Posts
WayBack said:
How? :) Do they pull off? Pry off? Slide forward and off? :)
That I'm not sure.. I haven't pulled mine off to look at them. I'm sure there's just some clips that hold them in place.

·
Registered
'01 OB Limited 5spd
133 Posts
I've been trying to figure out a solution to both of these problems for awhile. I like the RallyInnovations bar, but I want something that provides a little more protection. I also would like to mount some lights up top. I'm not too worried about figuring out how to remove the rails, I'm sure once you pull of the roof liner on the inside, it will be easy to figure out. What I haven't found yet, is a good weather proof plug to use. I'd like to run wired up to both rails and install plugs that will be reliable and weatherproof whether there's something plugged into them or not. Anyone have any ideas on this front?

·
Registered
363 Posts
gabossie said:
Anyone have any ideas on this front? [/B]

3M window weld, available at any Auto Zone. Also used for making home-made Poly motor mounts. If it's a hole thats going to be hidden (will look kinda ugly), this will seal it up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Home made, took an afternoon:

·
Registered
2006 2.5i Outback
131 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
I don't like light bars, well they definitely don't belong on subarus creating absurd front overhangs. mount driving lights on your bumper beam.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
353 Posts
What driving lights do you have behind the grille?

hella optilux HID driving lights or
hella ff75 driving lights

·
Registered
303 Posts
Many are asking about light bars or even then suggesting the bars from AU but the problem comes when mounting them. Unless you want to tear up your bumpers and drill holes there is little mounting spots on the underside for a heavier bar. For my light bar which is light in weight is mounted to 2 spots with a bolt (one on each side)
I do want a thicker bar but mounting is the issue. And not wanting a tube bar like a few have mentioned as will prevent or foul the SRS system from deploying.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts