Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping for a long weekend and I plugged a DC to AC convert into the Lighter plug in my 2016 Outback and it worked fine. We were able to blow up our air mattress using AC 120 volts.
This spring I wanted to use the same device again but it started blowing fuses. The dealer said the device required to many amps BUT why did it work for a weekend. The dealer also said I would have to install a $285 + Labor device in my car to fix this. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for any help you can give.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Simple that's a 10 amp fuse. Your pump/inverter brand new a year ago used less that 10 amps. Every electrical device increases draw as it ages. Easiest/fastest fix is go to parts house or Amazon and buy power outlet with battery clamps. Then just hook directly to battery. However if you draw TOO much power through it will melt the outlet/wires.

Yeworth 15 Inch/0.4m 12V Battery Terminal Clip-on Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Female Adapter, Cigarette Splitter Plug Extension Cord with Battery Alligator Clamps (Battery Clips) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLT822K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5J0sBb8PMVN9E
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top