Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza Outback Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left key in on position and ran battery down. Tried to recharge but it was due for replacement. Replaced battery. Now, with or without power on the parking lights and dash lights flash. The hazard signal is off. The parked switch is off. The flashing goes on for a minute or so then stops for a few seconds and starts again. Have I ruined the regulator? Is there a reset somewhere?

:rolleyes:

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Welcome to the Club

Many of us have been there - I was once called to a body shop to make mine stop doing it.

You have to cycle the door locks through the key fob to stop it. Lock, unlock, lock, unlock. At least that's how it is on mine, but I don't have an alarm. Those might require other procedures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lizard! That's too easy. I looked in manual but did not see. That solved the problem though. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1998 Outback Sport
21 Posts
Bump..

I started to replace my battery and after I found the positive terminal too corroded to continue I reattached the negative. The lights were flashing as above.

My issue: I don't have the key less entry fob. Can I reset it another way?
It strikes my this means something. Like an indication the battery has been disconnected and you need to rescan your remote? Subaru is so "individual" about some things it seems like this is not a quirk but a tool..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry bp, don't have an answer. Maybe someone else would know.

·
Registered
98 OBW 2.5 Ruby Red Pearl
268 Posts
do you know if it is the factory security system, ot the upgraded one, that was added to the keyless entry system? I know on the upgraded kit there is abutton located on a mounting plate under the dash near the hood release that you can push in while the key is on to stop it.

·
Registered
1998 Outback Sport
21 Posts
hawg said:
do you know if it is the factory security system, ot the upgraded one, that was added to the keyless entry system?
It has the factory system, I guess. There is a box under the dash by the hood release that says Subaru on it and "key less entry" or words to that effect.
Is that what the "upgraded" system looks like? I didn't think there was a security system... While the lights flash like one the horn is not blaring.

I know on the upgraded kit there is abutton located on a mounting plate under the dash near the hood release that you can push in while the key is on to stop it.
There is also a thingie hanging (or was hanging) under the dash at that spot.
It looked like it should be mounted. It has threads, like something that fits through a hole and secured with a nut. I assumed it was some kind of accessory plug but found that it goes into the wiring harness. It could be that button with the button part broken off. I tried to cycle the lock button, no dice. Tomorrow I'll investigate the thingie, see if it works. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1998 Outback Sport
21 Posts
OK,
The thingie was a button. It has a recessed button head. Press the button and turn on the key and the flashing quit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts