Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I connect my iPhone 4 by cable to listen to music. The annoying thing is that while the car is moving you cannot access the LIST function on the screen to change albums or artists, etc. Only works when the car is standing still. So while the car is moving you have to listen to the selection you selected before starting to drive. This is annoying when going on a long trip and wanting to change songs or albums, etc.

Does anyone know how I can make the LIST function work all the time?

2012 OB Limited

·
Registered
6 Posts
And you cant watch DVD and access things in Nav mode. The Iphone must stop you from doing things while diving also. I dont know which factory deck you have but there are cures out there on youtube to modify a wire or2 to fix that. I got the AVIC-X9310BT and grounded a wire and i have full function on DVD and Nav system while driving.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a '12 premium 6-speed w HK radio.

My daughter connected her iphone4s to the radio via the USB port in the armrest and was able to change her music selection while I was driving using the controls on the radio.

Joel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HK premium audio

. I dont know which factory deck you have but there are cures out there on youtube to modify a wire or2 to fix that. I got the AVIC-X9310BT and grounded a wire and i have full function on DVD and Nav system while driving.[/QUOTE]

I have 2012 Outback Limited with HK audio. I looked on youtube for answers but couldn't find anything. Can you point me to a video?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a '12 premium 6-speed w HK radio.

My daughter connected her iphone4s to the radio via the USB port in the armrest and was able to change her music selection while I was driving using the controls on the radio.

Joel
So I have a Limited with HK 9 speaker audio. Are you saying that the iPhone 4s works fine? I have an iPhone 4.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help
I checked your message. Although I had a hard time viewing it so I downloaded it and saved it.

Anyway, I looked at the youtube video and I'm not willing to to that length to fix the issue. If that is what I have to do then I'll live with the limitations.

Thanks you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
So I have a Limited with HK 9 speaker audio. Are you saying that the iPhone 4s works fine? I have an iPhone 4.
we have the same radio.

my daughter's iphone4s and my iphone4 work similarly.

i can change music selection while driving via the HK radio controls while connected to the usb port in the arm rest.

joel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have the same radio.

my daughter's iphone4s and my iphone4 work similarly.

i can change music selection while driving via the HK radio controls while connected to the usb port in the arm rest.

joel
I don't get it then. Must be something wrong with my system. I'm waiting for SOA to call me back about this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Tfaller
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing