Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean 3.0. 141k
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am doing an exhaust system on my 05 LL Bean 3.0. When I look up the mufflers online there are 2 listings/part numbers for the left and 2 listings/part numbers for the right. What's the difference? How do I know which ones to select? Thanks

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
Hi, I am doing an exhaust system on my 05 LL Bean 3.0. When I look up the mufflers online there are 2 listings/part numbers for the left and 2 listings/part numbers for the right. What's the difference? How do I know which ones to select? Thanks
list the parts #s.

you might be seeing some more for plain jane H4, or turbo H4,

and moving thread to gen3 2005-2009 section.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,260 Posts
Bosal 229-037
Bosal 229-041
Those are part #s for 05 Outback Wagon 3.0 LLBean mufflers.
They made 3.0 Outback LLBean Sedans in 05 and sold them in the New England markets. They use different mufflers which exit past the bumpers like the Legacy GT. The wagons have a simple turn down pipe exit.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, 3.0R Limited, 2.5i Touring
4,644 Posts
Bosal 229-037
Bosal 229-041
Those are part #s for 05 Outback Wagon 3.0 LLBean mufflers.
They made 3.0 Outback LLBean Sedans in 05 and sold them in the New England markets. They use different mufflers which exit past the bumpers like the Legacy GT. The wagons have a simple turn down pipe exit.
Do you have picks of this odd LL Bean sedan that uses the GT style exhaust? I’ve only every seen the sedans use turndowns like the wagon.

‘07-09 Legacy 3.0R sedans (not Outbacks) use the GT style sedan exhaust with the polished tips.

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean 3.0. 141k
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For what it's worth....My very astute Napa lady noticed some Walker mufflers, part #'s 52492/52393 looked very similar to what I needed and they were available overnight. Picked them up today and they were a perfect fit for my LL Bean.

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
601 Posts
For what it's worth....My very astute Napa lady noticed some Walker mufflers, part #'s 52492/52393 looked very similar to what I needed and they were available overnight. Picked them up today and they were a perfect fit for my LL Bean.
So do they sound like stock? I would like to get something a little sportier sounding than the stock mufflers I currently have.....

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
if what you had was rust free and undamaged you might put them up on the classifed here.

might be about $50 -60 to ship. but worth something to someone with rust / mushed mufflers vs. buying new OEM.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R H6 VDC
278 Posts
@Evil Soob, if you're looking to avoid custom exhaust work, your 2 options are either Nameless or AVO. As far as I know, they are the only companies that make aftermarket mufflers with the turn down tips. Any other mufflers with the standard straight tips will require extended exhaust hangers, and might interfere with your rear sway bar or hitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.