Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback LL Bean H6. Ivory interior, Moss green exterior. 132K
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks,

My front driver seat is worn on the bolster pretty bad, and I see they list a replacement PN# 64150AG17AWA, but I cannot tell if it has the LL Bean embossed logo on it. The parts listing says it fits other models that are not LL Bean. Of course an actual picture of the part does not exist as far as I can tell. Does anyone know how I can find out if indeed it is embossed with the LL Bean logo?

Also the perforated parts of the seats seem like they have gotten hard over the years, has anyone been successful in softening them? I know softening leather is usually a challenge because of the coating, but given the perforations give product a way into the leather, I wonder if something like Leatherique would work? It's in good shape (for the most part) just hardened somewhat.

Thanks!

John

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Can't answer part one.

Lexol did wonder's for the original rear seats in Mal before I swapped them for cloth. The fronts were too far gone to help.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
subaru and LL bean parted ways in 2008.
so probably no new parts available with the logo on it, unless they were made way way back in time.

so you are looking at a used skin, ...which could be expensive and time consuming to replace with any other part in the seat, vs. just getting another used whole seat.

what I would do: just trade the whole seat for a 2006-2009 leather one out of another subaru legacy our legacy outback.

2005 did not have the same head rest. (not as good a crash test score for whip lash).

2009 had no Beans in leg/ leg outback. (a rare few early production 09 foresters were made).

and you should be looking locally. seats are heavy and bulky to ship.

you will need to pair the airbag with the car when replacing a seat if it has a airbag in it.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
It will not be embossed with the logo. When the Subaru/LL Bean divorce happened, all of the LL Bean logo'd spare parts inventory was destroyed. Not just in the warehouses, individual dealers were instructed to destroy/discard all logo'd merchandise. . . so there's (presumably) none to be found even using the dealer stale parts locator.

You can't even get an LL Bean sticker from Subaru anymore.

There are companies that can stitch up OEM quality replacement seat covers (no embossed logo but embroidered is not out of the realm of possibility). Probably best to have both fronts done at the same time if you want it to match.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts
alternative if the bolster is still nice to sit on:

seat covers. modern nice ones made to tear if the seat airbag pops.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will not be embossed with the logo. When the Subaru/LL Bean divorce happened, all of the LL Bean logo'd spare parts inventory was destroyed. Not just in the warehouses, individual dealers were instructed to destroy/discard all logo'd merchandise. . . so there's (presumably) none to be found even using the dealer stale parts locator.

You can't even get an LL Bean sticker from Subaru anymore.

There are companies that can stitch up OEM quality replacement seat covers (no embossed logo but embroidered is not out of the realm of possibility). Probably best to have both fronts done at the same time if you want it to match.
Wow, a bad divorce, eh? That's too bad. I've got a pair of Superlamb sheepskin seat covers I'll put on them, just thought if I could make it nice again, it would stay nice. Dang Superlambs won't die. This will be car #4 for them. We did have replacement covers made by Katzkins for our '05 Mustang convertible. They were very nice but $$

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alternative if the bolster is still nice to sit on:

seat covers. modern nice ones made to tear if the seat airbag pops.
Seat covers used to never fit well. I wonder if the fitment is better now. I remember I bought a seat cover for a 1966 Oldsmobile that I had that was actually tailored for the car and fit perfect, but the ones you get from like Pep Boys, always looked bad. The sheeps I'm going to put on, that part of the bolster is exposed (for the airbag) so maybe, if I can find a decent seat cover, I could put that on first to protect the bolster from splitting. Right now it's just worn through the finish and not split.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts
Seat covers used to never fit well. I wonder if the fitment is better now. I remember I bought a seat cover for a 1966 Oldsmobile that I had that was actually tailored for the car and fit perfect, but the ones you get from like Pep Boys, always looked bad. The sheeps I'm going to put on, that part of the bolster is exposed (for the airbag) so maybe, if I can find a decent seat cover, I could put that on first to protect the bolster from splitting. Right now it's just worn through the finish and not split.

you can go up market on these ,....as swapping seats or leather covers is going to be time consuming and or expensive.

and buying a set of fancy new covers is easy and fast compared to either of those.

fancy like Wet Okole brand,...and similar.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can go up market on these ,....as swapping seats or leather covers is going to be time consuming and or expensive.

and buying a set of fancy new covers is easy and fast compared to either of those.

fancy like Wet Okole brand,...and similar.
Boy no kidding! Been a long time since I shopped for seat covers. I see you can get them tailored to fit. A bit pricy, but it appears that if installed properly, they look like the real deal. One brand I looked at, had a color that looked very close to the ivory I have. And yes, swapping those factory covers is a BI*CH!!!! When we did the Mustang, that was completely dis-assembling the seats. Then it opened the can of worms that the buns needed replacing on the driver side because the bolster split from the seatback part. What fun that was tracking down. In the end, they were beautiful but a lot of work and they were over 1K for both front seats and the back seat, plus some matching material for the door panel inserts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there..
what does this mean?
you will need to pair the airbag with the car when replacing a seat if it has a airbag in it.
.. is this something I can do?
I saw how to replace seat on a youtube... but i didn't see anything about this.
Also .. is there a way i can tell if the airbag is good/changed in a used part replacement seat?
Thank you so much,
K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts