Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of the rear bushings on my 02 outback are worn. I am just curious if i can buy a complete set and replace them all, or buy each bushing individually. Also where I should buy the bushings. Ive tried to research the names of all the rear arms to find bushings but I am having a hard time. Any help is appreciated thanks.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,481 Posts
all of the rear bushings on my 02 outback are worn. I am just curious if i can buy a complete set and replace them all, or buy each bushing individually. Also where I should buy the bushings. Ive tried to research the names of all the rear arms to find bushings but I am having a hard time. Any help is appreciated thanks.

@subaruonlineparts one of our sponsors here might help you make up a list.

I replaced a whole bunch of them on the rear of my car, and sent some back to the subaru dealer for the steel bits as my mechanic could not get them out of the mildly rusty arms (but that was my car with rust,...so it depends upon how much rust you have).

in the end the whole arms etc. were cheaper then pushing in bushings in and out of them on the paid clock anyway.

endlinks are usually on the list of things to swap at this time too.

I thought I had typed a list here somewhere to another member, but can't find it when I search for it.

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Hi Matt,

Just sent you a PM

Thanks,
Benny

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,481 Posts
Hi Matt,

Just sent you a PM

Thanks,
Benny
remember you have to go off forum with new members ( as they need 15 posts for pms :frown2:, for the antispam thing).

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,481 Posts
Thanks, I am hoping he can reply though as I initiated the message?

-Benny
maybe??? but I remember that guy from VT a few months back that you sold a timing belt kit to for a 2010-12 outback.

and it was a pain, I asked @administrator to adjust the minimum for that instance, and they did not respond.
(I don't know if there is even a place to make that adjustment,.. because it sure would be handy to just approve people that dont post like a spambot,...especially when a vendor is trying to interact with them on parts)...

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,302 Posts
[MENTION=22685]
I replaced a whole bunch of them on the rear of my car, and sent some back to the subaru dealer for the steel bits as my mechanic could not get them out of the mildly rusty arms (but that was my car with rust,...so it depends upon how much rust you have).

in the end the whole arms etc. were cheaper then pushing in bushings in and out of them on the paid clock anyway.

endlinks are usually on the list of things to swap at this time too.
i'm kind of in the same position with my 2 newest wagons. I'm motivated, but not experienced and lack specialty tools for bushing work.

I'm wondering if this is the way to go for me to save costs.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,481 Posts
i'm kind of in the same position with my 2 newest wagons. I'm motivated, but not experienced and lack specialty tools for bushing work.

I'm wondering if this is the way to go for me to save costs.
this was on my 2002 VDC wagon. (could not be aligned without some bushings/ endlinks on the rear,..as per a aligment shop).

my friendly mechanic confirmed the issue, and told me to buy the bushings and give it a try, (he has a full shop with presses etc).

and then when he got into it, there was just too much rust to get the old ones out,

so I returned the bushings I had, and got whole arms.

the OEM parts are not that expensive.

I have a new subframe to go into that wagon now. (camber bolts on that are odd ball OEM things, $4 each )

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,481 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts