Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2018 OB Limited with EyeSight. For those of you that live on the east coast and use EZPass, maybe you can help. In the 2018 "EyeSight and Driver Assist Technology Quick Guide", page 9, it shows a prohibited area in gray that runs from the headliner to the dashboard, and approximately 10 inches left or right from the center line of the rear view mirror and states "Do not stick or attach aftermarket parts on the prohibited areas....". Directions from EZPass show the transponder must be placed not more than 1 inch from the center line of the roof, and thus in the EyeSight prohibited area. I called EZPass today and the guy didn't have a clue; said I was the first person to ask this question (really?).

The "clear area" is 14 inches on the driver and passenger sides measured from the left and right windshield edges. I plan to mount the EZPass on the passenger side, 1/2 inch from the top (per EZPass instructions) with the left edge of the transponder 14 inches from the right edge of the windshield and see what happens.

Anyone have experience with this or have a better idea? Thanks forum.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,965 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Dealer mounted by EZpass for me in the upper passenger side corner of the windshield and it has worked just fine there and well outside the prohibited area. 2016 Outback with eyesight

·
Registered
2017 Outback2.5i & 2004 OB
7 Posts
Mounted it in the "ceramic" area, seems to be working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts