Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to verify the location of the PCV valve on my Outback. I have a 2002 Outback 2.5 manual. The service manual diagram page FU-4 for the 2002 shows it on the crankcase with a tube leading up to a nipple going into the throttle body on the left side while looking overhead the engine. I talked to a mech at the dealer today and he said the valve was on throttle body where my diagram shows the nipple, the exact opposite. I think it was moved between modles for the gen 2's so could anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,436 Posts
If you look at the larger hose going down to the block under the throttle body, its at the base of that hose and threads into the block.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that matches my service manual. Would there be any issue with me disconecting the hose off the pcv valve to feed the Subaru's top engine cleaner via the special tool they make and leave the PCV without a vacuum while I do the cleaning? Or is it best to T into the line with a hose and T fitting in order to leave the PCV always connected to the vaccum source. I was unsure if pressure might build in the crankcase that could do damage if the line is temporarily disconnected off the PCV.

Thanks for any input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts