Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the dreaded pass. side wet floor... Took off the cover and fan and can t seem to find top end of drain hose. Is it right there? I d rather blow air down then try from the bottom. I read several post but no one seems to explain the top end location. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I found the top end. It s more center towards to center console. I blew air from top down and I had a good flow thru the tube at the bottom. No real water came out nor did I see anything else. I have everything apart and carpet rolled back to dry out. Any other spots I could be getting this water from or was that it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
follow up/ put everything back together (except fan cover so I can check further).. It was hot today so I took a 10 min ride with the ac on. Lots of water coming out at the bottom hose. Nothing inside at this point. Hope that was it.
Does the dealer blow this line often. I don t go to dealer for service. My question is if they blow from the bottom up wouldn t that force the junk into a spot it shouldn t go? I
am also going to see what the easiest way to get the top of the hose now that it s all apart.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you take the lowest passengers side black cover off using by removing the three black push pins you can use two fingers to reach the top of hose and remove it by pulling down. It is along inner side of the center console at the very botttom end. You can carefully bend down the very end (bottom) of the console and it s right behind there. Once you get it once it s simple. The total length of that hose is maybe 12-16 inches. Mine was never done until 55K when I noticed water inside the car. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it is fairly easy to disconnect and reconnect actually. in my case the drain pipe was not clogged and i still hear the same noise when i turn the AC or front windshield air on. sounds like air pushing through a little bit of water in a container or dry leaves rustling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
mimo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing