Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 3.6R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

maybe the virus is getting into my head, so running a quick sanity check: Who else would immediately willing to pull the trigger on some sup’ed STI, Baja or Expedition Edition Outback? Anything that is a statement of how much fun a bunch of development engineers had on that napkin at the bar that one night out....

What specs would you like to see?

Stay safe and sane out therr.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The 2.4 turbo motor has a large bore and short stroke. If Subaru could develop it like this: (pump gas though)

Paired with a 6 speed manual - I would have a hard time refusing it.

Combine it with magnetic shocks and an air suspension that can lower for on-road handling and raise the car for off-road and I couldn't refuse it.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,963 Posts
well cousin
@Brucey has a H6 baja, and a soft road expedition going h6 gen5,

....so maybe he could rebuild a frucked up 2020 XT, force feed it 50 more beans, and stick a Sti decal on it.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,657 Posts
3.6, 4.44 final drive, VTD center and a better bumper are about as far as I would go with an Outback.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,782 Posts
The fact that Subaru stuck s turbo engine back in an Outback after a ten year hiatus is about as much as we can possibly expect from a company that is as conservative as Subaru. Baja? I would say that hoping they add a button to turn off start/stop is a more reasonable expectation and even that might be as far as our wildest dreams take us.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The fact that Subaru stuck s turbo engine back in an Outback after a ten year hiatus is about as much as we can possibly expect from a company that is as conservative as Subaru.
Considering they won't even make a WRX hatch (a turbo crosstrek would do) I'm afraid you're right. This is just a dream thread, right?

·
Registered
MY2016 3.6R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Functional hood scoop... 🤤

I guess as far as my trigger finger being extremely quick, I would get weak with something based on the Onyx, maybe with a OEM 2” lift and on 17’s with A/t 235 shoes or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts