Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dealership had a sales rep. insist that I take a test drive of several of their cars, even though I clearly stated numerous times that I was not yet ready to purchase but was their merely to eyeball their new vehicles. In particular the Outback XT Ltd. Eventually I took a test drive of three cars (again, at their insistance). I was then asked to briefly speak to a manager, who upon learning that I was still several months away from committing to a purchase, tell me his people don't work on an hourly rate and that I was wasting their time and he didn't appreciate me tying up three of his cars. Well, I am a straight commission professional as well, dealing with high net worth clients, so I don't give #@!$ if they don't make an hourly wage, time invested is still worth something. He then offered his hand for me to shake and I told him to get the
%#[email protected] away from me you idiot. I walked out and will NEVER do business with this bunch of goons. Their other managers were employing the same technique with others in the showroom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to follow up on my post, I will have to admit that the sales rep., was very good and got me interested for real in the car and I now intend to buy one, but the manager was a complete ass! I just won't buy from Loman at this point! I feel bad for the sales rep., but, she can blame her manager.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As long as we're commenting on dealerships, I'd like to say something about Loman Subaru in Parsippany, NJ. My saleswoman, Peggy Ann had the ultimate low-key pitch. She had the color Outback I wanted, put the magnetic dealer plate on it and (in exchange for the keys to my Mustang) let me take the car home, show it to my wife and drive it around for a few hours.

Needless to say, I bought it that day (after negotiating myself a free trailer hitch).

That's the way to do business!

On a humerous note: I went in there considering a bare-bones, no options wagon and bought the LL Bean she loaned me for the day.

PS: I still have the Mustang. It's my baby.

Kurt

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see this is an old thread but any comment on the Service Quality of Loman Parsippany especially how they compare to Subaru of Morristown?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
britgeezer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing