Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically this is for the Baja. They're due.

I plan to replace all 4 rotors and pads as well as the parking brake shoe.

Better feel / bite would be nice but the Baja isn't a performance vehicle and we're happy with the brakes (except when they squeal) and the current brakes make a good amount of dust on the wheels.

Black wheels are a pain to keep clean.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,704 Posts
the centric posi-quiet ceramic I use on our 03 seem like great value, long-lasting, no noise, feel as good or very slightly better than the OEM, not dusty.

I suspect semi-metallic might bite slightly better - but might dust more so, likely any name-brand ceramic would be your best bet.

at its age - you might also benefit from new rubber lines at the calipers ? old lines might be ballooning a little.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
I bought off of partstrain recently, better brake pricing on bigger 2 and 4 wheel kits then rockauto or amazon. (got their name from @brucep )

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
Dare I say OEM? They will probably cost a fortune.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
I'm running Centric Premium rotors and Powerstop (Z17?) ceramic pads all the way around on Kaylee.

Minimal dusting, fairly quiet. Not notably different than OEM as far as I can tell.

Likely putting Centric Premium rotors and Centric Posi-Quiet ceramic on Mal's front in the spring. Currently have whatever the cheapest thing the Ford dealer slapped on it during "reconditioning" right now. Loud, dusty, vibrating...no like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts