Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just joined last night. I have been a long time Subaru owner. I started out with a 2000 Outback then had a '08 Legacy 2.GT Limited before going back to having an Outback. In 2013, I traded my Legacy in for a 2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP ("Basalt"). Now, it has 93k miles and still going strong. Now, I also have a 2020 Legacy XT Touring and split my driving between the two. The Outback turned into my Overlander and trusty rugged traveling buddy for the rallies, into the woods, or go wherever I would like to go. When I thought about what I would like to put on it, I thought about what would functional for overlanding.
DSC_3578 (1).JPG

·
Registered
2016 OB 2.5 Premium w/ES
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of nice people full of information sharing. My '16 OB 2.5 has done well overloading. I've realized that I didn't need to drop a ton of money into my car to make it a great Overlander. Sure I could use a bit more power, ground clearance and other goodies, but I've done well with some skid plates, more rugged tires, lighting upgrades and some DIY convenience items to make overloading/and off the beaten path exploration a bit more fun. I've got over 100K miles and my OB is still running strong. I hope you enjoy mingling with the masses. We are all here to help each other out. :)

Reactions: Cascadia

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
87 Posts
@Cascadia - again, that is a very sharp rig... well done! Looking sincerely forward to hearing more

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6 , '11 OB 2.5 , '11 Legacy 2.5
331 Posts
Nice !!

Welcome :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome - and tell us about the body side graphics!
Thank you. The first two pictures were taken right before I took them off since they were getting worn out. I will be getting new ones very soon. Anyhow, they were designed by a friend of mine and she used my vinyl cutter. The material is wrap. The image is of Mt. Hood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. Lots of nice people full of information sharing. My '16 OB 2.5 has done well overloading. I've realized that I didn't need to drop a ton of money into my car to make it a great Overlander. Sure I could use a bit more power, ground clearance and other goodies, but I've done well with some skid plates, more rugged tires, lighting upgrades and some DIY convenience items to make overloading/and off the beaten path exploration a bit more fun. I've got over 100K miles and my OB is still running strong. I hope you enjoy mingling with the masses. We are all here to help each other out. :)
Very nice. I have gone to areas where Jeeps go with this Outback and it scares them. I have only done a few minor things to my Outback and it has done really well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This I knew - and does this friend have a commercial business to sell such patterns (assuming you could live with another Portlander having this on their Outback)? :)
She has been trying to start up a new business to do side decals and other decals for people's cars. I am sure she would love to do something for you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice Ob! Mt Hood was nice when I went 3 years ago. Curious, what are the chrome round things at top rear of front fenders?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice Ob! Mt Hood was nice when I went 3 years ago. Curious, what are the chrome round things at top rear of front fenders?
Thank you! The silver round things are my Overland bound membership emblems/badges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts